Dell Windows 7 DVD+COA+Product Key on Amazon - Is this Legitimate

Status
Not open for further replies.

florosus

Reputable
Oct 28, 2014
I found a very cheap Windows 7 Dell Branded OEM DVD on Amazon today and I was wondering whether I could use this DVD for a new PC build (not Dell, of course). People made reviews of the same Dell branded disk on Amazon (It was on a different page, for a slightly higher price, but otherwise it was IDENTICAL. And no, I can't be confusing OEM and Retail DVDs, I'm past that now. So the people who did the reviews said they had no problems activating. However, on some forums, I found that there Dell disks check for a Dell motherboard (and therefore a Dell computer) before they can be installed. How can these 2 accounts be true at the same time?! I'm guessing some are just Microsoft's spend-everything-on-Windows fanboys. Has anyone had any experience with these Dell Disks? Please don't start an argument with me about the legal stuff concerning the OEM disks. I have had more that enough info on that and I am just looking for an answer to my question, not an argument with personal accusations!!!

Please Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.