Dell XPS 15 9550 VS MacBook Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elgauly

Reputable
Oct 14, 2014
I'm going to buy one of this laptops in the next days but I did not decided yet, so I would like to hear some suggestions. I'm a indie game developer and a CS student so I wanted to invest in a powerful laptop. I am very used to windows and I never used mac os so I don't know if it will be hard for me to get used to it but still I like to hear from you guys, what do you think, should I go for the latest Dell XPS 15 or MacBook Pro?

Thank you in advance.

Solution
The MAC is a niche market. If you want to develop for a niche market, then get the Mac. If you want to develop for the 90-95% that use a Windows PC then get the DELL.

I strongly suggest you follow the mainstream as that is where almost all of your eventual customers will be.
The MAC is a niche market. If you want to develop for a niche market, then get the Mac. If you want to develop for the 90-95% that use a Windows PC then get the DELL.

I strongly suggest you follow the mainstream as that is where almost all of your eventual customers will be.

Solution
I think it depends, do you plan on doing any development work for osx/iOS? If so you may want to go with the mac because you will need the application Xcode which only runs on mac. You could still develop for mac on a PC but you will need to run a virtual machine, or create a separate partition running osx.

If not then the dell is probably the cheaper option (I actually haven't compared the prices but I'll take my chances).

Elgauly

Reputable
Oct 14, 2014

The thing is that I am using Unity for my game development so I can build for os, android, pc, mac etc without worrying too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.