[SOLVED] Dell XPS 8700 Graphics Card Compatibility

DacheZ

Reputable
Mar 17, 2019
I want to install the MSI Radeon RX 560 AERO ITX 2G OC, is it compatible with the Dell XPS 8700 motherboard?
My specifications are:
CPU: i7-4770 3.4 GHz
GPU: Radeon HD 4600 series 1GB
Motherboard: Dell XPS 8700 Bios Version: Dell Inc. A13, 6/13/2018
RAM: 16GB DDR3

Last edited:
Solution
You need to check a couple of things...

-Will it fit into the case? (measure space inside case and compare to RX 560/check if GPU is single or dual slot)
-Is the PSU up to the task? (A under powered PSU could ruin that RX 560 and you also need to make sure the PSU has the right connections if the RX 560 requires them)

The motherboard will have a PCIE slot so it will fit on that but you need to check those other things.

WildCard999

Titan

-Will it fit into the case? (measure space inside case and compare to RX 560/check if GPU is single or dual slot)
-Is the PSU up to the task? (A under powered PSU could ruin that RX 560 and you also need to make sure the PSU has the right connections if the RX 560 requires them)

The motherboard will have a PCIE slot so it will fit on that but you need to check those other things.

Reactions: DacheZ
Solution

DacheZ

Reputable
Mar 17, 2019

1. Yes, it fits in the case
  2. I have the stock 460W PSU
Thank you!