[SOLVED] Dell xps smells burnt

Oct 30, 2019
Hi guys!
I've purchased a dell xps m1330 notebook without charger,battery,hdd. It was just 8$ including shipping, and was advertised as untested. I pluged in my hp g62's 65w 18.5V/3.5A(since i haven't owned a dell laptop yet) charger and successfully turned on the device, i used it for 5minutes(to konw its specs from bios) then i turned it off. After that i started takeing apart the laptop, when i noticed that it smells burnt( i guess it was the smell of "electric smoke", which i have experienced once, when my pentium III config's 15yrs old psu started smokeing because of a faulty condenser), so i started smelling the laptop's parts and i found out that the battery's connector was the stinky one. Btw the laptop's interior was full of dust and cobweb so i cleaned it out, even i fully take apart the cooler, and give it a clean too. Now i'm afraid to turn on the laptop.
So i would like to ask for advice, can the wrong charger be the problem, because this laptop's genuine charger is a 65W 19.5V/3.34A one. I would appreciate every answer.

Solution
The wrong charger can be the problem.

And there was likely something else wrong with this laptop anyway, if you got it for essentially free. There's no such thing as a free lunch.
Oct 30, 2019
The seller told me that he hasn't got a charger for it, so he don't know if it's working or not. I wasn't excepting that it works, but I will get the right charger for further testing. At least the two 1gb ddr2 ram which was inside worth 8$.
And thanks for the answer!