Dell's 27-Inch WQHD Monitor Now Comes With Thin Bezel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snakev56

Reputable
Oct 2, 2014
I'd really like to see a 27 or 28" 4K Ultrasharp from Dell. Maybe there just aren't any IPS panels available in that size?

I have the 24" 4k UP2414Q and it's plenty big enough for me. Making the bezel so thin they put all the ports on the back of the monitor rendering them useless, even on mine. I'm going to plug a USB 3.0 drive into the back of my monitor? Thinner isn't always better. I'd rather a thicker bezel and put the ports on the side or bottom.

soldier44

Honorable
May 30, 2013
27" too small. Been on a 30 inch 2560 x 1600 for over 4 years, waiting on 4K IPS displays over 30 inches to come out not those lame attempts at 28" and TN panels no thanks.

dragonsqrrl

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2009

Those are already available... do you mean you're waiting for them to drop in price?

sparkyman215

Honorable
Oct 1, 2013
I really like this one. Do you guys think it'll drop to $400 or less? If not, what would be a good monitor like this one at that price point?

game junky

Distinguished
I am a fan of thin bezels but I don't know exactly who those ultra-wide screens are marketed for - doesn't really work for business unless you're constantly using split screen, might make sense for consumers who are browsing the web all day while watching cat videos.

I love the idea of a thin bezel, but why has this not come to any reasonably priced monitors? I want dual monitors, and the only way I'm going to pay for that is two of the same (nothing else will work together nicely).

I'm not sure about the rest of the world, but enthusiastic as I am about tech, I don't have $1200 to drop at once on a two monitor set.

Lazovski

Honorable
Jun 17, 2014
I think that the important question here is not about the thickness of the bezel but, is this monitor (and it's little brother the U2415) going to bring the "IPS-Glow" free trend ? - I read that LG is going to resurrect the long forgotten A-TW polarizer, but there is no mentioned information regarding any exact panels.

IPS glow? What is that?
I've worked selling tech for a year and a half now and I've never seen anything irregular with an IPS panel vs. a TN.

Lazovski

Honorable
Jun 17, 2014
Just type any model you like with the word glow in youtube and you'll see.
The only monitor I've seen that is somewhat affordable and does not have the IPS Glow is Eizo's EV2736.. All the other IPS monitors are impossible to use when you like to play stealth games.
Even the UP2414Q that was mentioned above suffers from this glow.

GearUp

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2010
Quote:
I am a fan of thin bezels but I don't know exactly who those ultra-wide screens are marketed for - doesn't really work for business unless you're constantly using split screen, might make sense for consumers who are browsing the web all day while watching cat videos.

The 34" Dell 21:9 3440x1440 cinema display will be ultra-wide screen. They can show the newer wider screen movies that will arrive but probably not as well as a good TV. Two word documents side-by-side work reasonably well on a 1920x1080 monitor but many web pages do not size well for that. With the problems I see in Windows Media Center for shared (another computer) videos I'd prefer not to resize the view.

This is IPS glow. It looks like a form of backlight bleed, but it is not. It also effects very light colors too, but it is worst on dark images and any off angle.
Left S-PVA(VA based screens crush most others when it comes to contrast) and Right is IPS without the truewhite polarizer. Unfortunately this(ips) screen also has a VERY hard time with dark colors as it is.
68sdg1.jpg

http://i57.tinypic.com/68sdg1.jpg
2saxfd4.jpg

http://i58.tinypic.com/2saxfd4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.