Dell's Board Rejects Michael Dell's Buyout Bid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giovanni-L

Honorable
Jun 13, 2013
I don't like Dell. I don't like their products. I respect their post-sale support (it's efficient).

If the man from which the company's name was born, wants the company one way, i say the MUST have it his way. A man's company is a man's company. People cannot change what a founder has done in its innermost ways.

What if Henry Ford had his company bought-out and then all of their cars turned to super luxury, more-than-cadillac moving mansions? It'd be all destroyed. A man's legacy, effort, sweat, tears and blood would go down the drain. That's utterly unnacceptable.

I'm doing my best in my youth to build a strong resolve and a high-end technology company. I will not allow anyone to change the original mission and vision of the company.

Someone could say: "but anyobody said that they are going off-course, you thick-headed dude!". I'd answer: i know. I'm just feeling Dell's (the guy) anger as to what hungry-pocketed shareholders are trying to do.

allawash

Honorable
Jul 17, 2012

Then don't lose/sell controlling interest in YOUR company. Just because your name is on it doesn't mean jack if you don't control it anymore.

vagrantsoul

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2010
Michael Dell is right in every way. Every single thing he wants to do makes perfect sense. What the heck is the board's problem?

... they're not getting paid off enough

milktea

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2009
From the letter to the stockholders, it seems that Carl Icahn is blaming Michael Dell for driving the company value down. And it was his plan all along to overtake the company.
I don't know who is right or wrong, but if Carl really thinks that the company is undervalued, then why doesn't he & other investors just buy out the 15% shares held by Michael and boot him out? Unless he himself is unsure about the future of the company, if Michael steps down?

master9716

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2006
I will take full credit for making dell sell their computers with hybrid hdds . They should have done it years ago but seems like their IT people dont know whats holding back their computers , the speed increase is krazy with those drives on an enterprise setting.

Status
Not open for further replies.