Question Demanding games are crashing to the desktop on my new build ?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Aug 24, 2023
@kerberos_20 @Eximo @SorryBella

New RAM, first test, same thing happening... Test Settings:
  • OCCT Memory test - AVX2 Instruction Set, 100% usage
  • Expo On - 6000 Mhz (Ram timings on the screenshot)
  • Heavens Benchamark runnning in the background

ND16lbP.png

And same on slower XMP profile
8iKQDuv.png

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2023
Hi there.

I just found this thread and my problem is very similar to yours. Did you manage to solve you issue?

My thread can be found here :https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...every-game-i-play-crashes-to-desktop.3818888/
Hello, I am still looking for faulty piece. At this point I tried different PSU, GPU and RAM. I am waiting for new CPU, which will leave motherboard if problem persists.

If it continues to fail after all parts are replaced I will throw everything out of the window 😔

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2023
Im really sad to hear that, it sucks really hard. I tested my RAM it that OCCT app that i saw in your thread and only after few minutes i had over 6000 errors. Everything elese tested fine.

This is the first time i ever had any issues with my builds and i really hope we both solve our problems.

Reactions: saperos
Aug 24, 2023
Im really sad to hear that, it sucks really hard. I tested my RAM it that OCCT app that i saw in your thread and only after few minutes i had over 6000 errors. Everything elese tested fine.

This is the first time i ever had any issues with my builds and i really hope we both solve our problems.
Same here... It is my nth pc and first time I am having issues. I found information online of other people having similar issues with this cpu. I keep my fingers crossed that new one will resolve my problems.

Aug 24, 2023
Looks like I was able to resolve the issue before the CPU for testing has arrived. Leaving a comment for anyone who may stumble upon this thread in the future.

The CPU was the problem... Looks like I was really unlucky with the "silicon lottery" My CPU was simply not handling the higher PBO frequencies. My Mobo's BIOS sets PBO max frequency @ 5450 Mhz, which seems to be too much.
Same here... It is my nth pc and first time I am having issues. I found information online of other people having similar issues with this cpu. I keep my fingers crossed that new one will resolve my problems.

Aug 24, 2023
Looks like I was able to resolve the issue before the CPU for testing arrived. Leaving a comment for anyone who may stumble upon this thread in the future.

The CPU was the problem... It appears I was quite unlucky with the "silicon lottery." My CPU simply couldn't handle the higher PBO frequencies. My motherboard's BIOS set the PBO max frequency to 5450 MHz, while the 7600X spec mentions 5300 MHz as the limit. This seemed to be too much, causing instability and the symptoms mentioned earlier.

The fix was to reduce the max frequency the PBO could reach. In the BIOS, I went to:
  • Advanced => AMD Overclocking
  • Precision Boost Overdrive => Set to "Advanced"
  • CPU Boost Clock Override => Set to "Enabled (Negative)"
  • Max CPU Boost Clock Override (-) => Set to 150 (matching the 5300 MHz from AMD spec).
After making these adjustments, my PC was able to pass the 3-hour long SSE Memory Stress Test in OCCT.
ZYxtisA.png

And 2h long AVX2 Memory Stress Test:
7FVYdiN.png