[SOLVED] Desesperated! New PC build constant reboot with display

Feb 4, 2021
Hello and thank you in advance if you are here to help :D So I created my first build ever and I checked everything a hundred times as it was my first time. This is the list of components: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/R3rN9N Then I build it and I didn't have any problems until...
PROBLEM: When I turn it on it will display the BIOS and everything fine but then it shuts down, reboots and keeps rebooting. It cant be a power shortage because it's supposed to consume 264W and the power supply is 450W so must be enough. The few seconds I can read the BIOS says 40 degrees max. I tried everything: reapply thermal paste just in case is overheating, motherboard out of the case, check all connections multiple times and connect just the essential components.
Please, I don't know what else to do. Thank you

Last edited:
Reactions: Slope2021
Solution
try this:
-disconnect all the drives
-disconnect all the mobo cables except for the 24 pins, cpu cable, vga, and case power.

if it is still not working, boot it without the gpu, you won't be able to see a display but you can tell if there is any kind of shut down or reboot.
Feb 4, 2021
That PSU, though shouldn't be overly stressed, is a poor quality unit, just as an FYI. Have you tried a CMOS reset? Have you tried one stick of ram, at a time, and made sure you were using the correct slots?
Exactly!! That's what I thought it has extra 200W at least for all the components. Yes, I did take out the CMOS battery and insert it again and I've tried all RAM slots with both sticks together and separately in case one of them was faulty.

Feb 3, 2021
Hello and thank you in advance if you are here to help :D So I created my first build ever and I checked everything a hundred times as it was my first time. This is the list of components: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/R3rN9N Then I build it and I didn't have any problems until...
PROBLEM: When I turn it on it will display the BIOS and everything fine but then it shuts down, reboots and keeps rebooting. It cant be a power shortage because it's supposed to consume 264W and the power supply is 450W so must be enough. The few seconds I can read the BIOS says 40 degrees max. I tried everything: reapply thermal paste just in case is overheating, motherboard out of the case, check all connections multiple times and connect just the essential components.
Please, I don't know what else to do. Thank you
Might be lack of power

EDIT1: Actually this has happened to me before that I didn't get no port on my monitors but the pc was on, It is most likely that you don't have a cable right connected to the motherboard, that's how I fixed my problem because I didn't have a certain cable connected, Also Would you mind sending pictures of your inside build to assist you further?

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
What happens if you test with the gtx 1050 ti out? I know no video, but you might be able to determine if the pc still restarts.

Other thing, can use "USB Bios Flashback" to get the latest bios on there, might help as well, make sure it's an unpacked bios file!

UMElFkU.png

8Fs6agN.png

Feb 4, 2021
Might be lack of power

EDIT1: Actually this has happened to me before that I didn't get any port on my monitors but the pc was on, It is most likely that you don't have a cable right connected to the motherboard, that's how I fixed my problem because I didn't have a certain cable connected, Also Would you mind sending pictures of your inside build to assist you further?
Yes, I'm sure I have all connections corrects. I also cleared the CMOS and updated the BIOS and seemed to last longer to reboot but keeps rebooting.
Some pics: View: https://www.facebook.com/jon.gomezmanzano/posts/3990316894336428

View: https://www.facebook.com/jon.gomezmanzano/posts/3990325711002213

So as you can see everything seems correctly connected: Audio bottom left corner, USB in JUSB3 (bottom), case cables in JPF1 (bottom right), SSD in SATA1 (right bottom), case USB in JUSB2 (right), power for motherboard in ATX_PWR1 (right-top), CPU power in CPU_PWR1 (top left), CPU fan in CPU_FAN1 (top), RAM in DIMMA2 (where the manual says to connect the first RAM and finally case fan in PUMP_FAN1 (top right). No power is required for GPU and doesn't even have a dock for connecting a power cable.

I'm starting to think something is faulty. What components do you think are most probably causing that problem to start exchanging them? I don't wanna miss the returning period T.T

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2021
What happens if you test with the gtx 1050 ti out? I know no video, but you might be able to determine if the pc still restarts.

Other thing, can use "USB Bios Flashback" to get the latest bios on there, might help as well, make sure it's an unpacked bios file!

UMElFkU.png

8Fs6agN.png
Yes, as I explained in the previous reply, I cleared the CMOS and I updated the BIOS with the Flash BIOS button. Please, check the previous reply where I clarify a bit more. Don't know if I should replace any component. What do you think? Thank you

Fiorezy

Notable
Jul 3, 2020
try this:
-disconnect all the drives
-disconnect all the mobo cables except for the 24 pins, cpu cable, vga, and case power.

if it is still not working, boot it without the gpu, you won't be able to see a display but you can tell if there is any kind of shut down or reboot.

Solution