Question Desk Pi Pro for Raspi 4

Jul 15, 2024
Hello,
I'm an old guy who is into computers; started on Commodore 64/128 in the late 1980's. Fast forward to today, last year I read an article on the Magic Mirror2, thought it was cool looking and thought I'd give it a try. I've learned many things about YouTube and the rules people have to follow about posting videos.

I have a Raspberry Pi 4 (2018) that my project is running on but in order to complete my "Mirror" I searched and found a case for it that seems quite nice. Problem is, I'm not a coder; doesn't mean I don't understand it, just not a coder. When I got the case, which comes with extra USB ports, fan, etc. you were directed to git.hub site to unlock the "extras" that come with the case.

The case is from Desk Pi Pro, their version for the Raspberry Pi 4. I spent time asking the rep. at DeskPi for instructions to install the coding. No answer fore almost 3 weeks until I involved Amazon.com. Then the answers I was receiving was quite unintelligible . Then last week Amazon says the return by date had expired. The tech support people at Desk Pi told me they don't 'provide' the SSD's and that I had to look elsewhere for one.

So what I'm trying to do is add what they describe as an SATA SSD M.2, NOT MVME. It has the adapter card for the SSD (2.5") or a 2280 type, which is the one I would like. I have been looking on-line for one but am confused by the connector. I have, and use (2) 2280 NVME's which have the 5 pin on the right side. Desk Pi's adapter card has the 5 pin on the left.

I would be very grateful if any of you could point me in the direction of the SATA SSD in the 128GB range. I was hoping to attach a photo of the adapter card but it's from my computer, not a url.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.