Desktop cannot see bluetooth keyboard

Nov 10, 2018
I have a Sony Vaio all-in-one desktop running windows 7. It comes with it's own wireless keyboard and mouse.

Given the age of the desktop, I bought a new Dell XPS desktop running Windows 10, and for the time being, I am using the Sony as a monitor via it's HDMI input.

I bought a Logitech G613 keyboard that can connect using a wireless receiver or bluetooth. To try to remove clutter from my desk, I paired the new desktop to the G613 keyboard using the wireless receiver, and tried to pair the keyboard to the Vaio using bluetooth. For some strange reason, the Vaio will not see the G613. It will see my phone, and the new desktop will see the G613 in bluetooth mode, but the Vaio will not see it at all.

Thinking that perhaps the Vaio cannot handle two wireless keyboards, I shut it down, took the battery out of the Sony keyboard, and restarted it with a wired keyboard. The vaio will still not see the G613.

Any thoughts? I know the keyboard is not defective because I can pair to it from other devices. And, I know that Bluetooth works on the Vaio because it will pair to my phone. I am still using booth computers, so it would be nice to get one keyboard working on both computers.

Appreciate your help.

MM

There is probably nothing there except some issues with those specific devices, likely the bluetooth versions or the drivers. The other thing is that you said you are trying to pair the keyboard to two systems at once with two different methods? That may also be an issue, did you check with Logitech support if that can be done?

Nov 10, 2018
Thanks for the reply. The keyboard can definitely be used on multiple devices.

I will check the driver information and look for updated drivers. Unfortunately I am not back home until 12/1 so won’t be able to work on it until then.