Desktop crashing frequently: Hard boot only option

Umair Shariff

Honorable
Apr 26, 2013
Hi everyone,

Since the past month (relase of Windows 10) I've been having issues with my desktop. I like the several others out there updated my desktop to Windows 10 and was riddled with frequent freezes. I got myself to work around these freezings but eventually they caught upto me and started happening every 5-10 mins, thats when I downgraded back to windows 8.1

A couple of days ago, i put Windows 10 back, hoping that the issues were resolved but the OS workerd wonderfully for the first day and then the freezes started happening. Again I rolled back to windows 8.1, but this time around, my system has been freezing yet again.

I cant use my mouse, keyboard, even after a while (sometimes I left the freeze on overnight, just to see if it would resolve itself, no change), the only option being to hard reset my system

I looked up several forums and performed the fixes they mentioned. Some of the things that I have tried are as follows:

Reseated Ram
    Re-applied thermal paste on cpu
    Cleaned my system throughly
    Tried various dims /online /cleanup commands
    Tried netsh winsock command
    Updated drivers
    Removed extra hard drives

I will load up my system specs via a screenshot of speccy. If you guys need any other assistance from me, please let me know and I will oblige. I really want to see this problem through

ndaiki.png

viometrix

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2009
you need to hard reset back to factory defaults/ system reset..... windows 10 installed corrupted and carried the corruption back to windows 8.1. do the factory reset, create a logon, then immediately install windows 10 and it should be smooth. I fortunately have not had any problems on any of my systems, but have also learned a lot about windows 10 and the problems it can cause with some configurations. its not your hardware, its the software and os. sorry to be the bearer of bad news. if you have another computer, attach your hardrive into it and try and back up your data from it.

Umair Shariff

Honorable
Apr 26, 2013

Hi, so, how do I do a system reset?? I am currently running windows 8.1 and I have backups of 8.1 and 10. The data on the C drive (the SSD) is not really important since I have backups already

Do I simply boot up via the Windows disk and hit system refresh??

UPDATE: I did a system reset, via the Windows utility disc and installed Windows 10 right after. It has been almost 8 hours and not one freeze. I keep this updated if something happens