Question Desktop icons arrangement change

jackgreat

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2006
Hello everyone,

I have a PC running Windows 10 Professional. Since the last 2-3 days I have observed that my desktop icons arrangement changes after I either reboot my PC or take my PC on remote support.

I use teamviewer on my PC and frequently access my PC from home. I have been doing this for a long time and never had problems. A few days ago when I took my PC on remote support I saw desktop icons jumbled up (means one row has only 5 icons next has 10 next has 4 and so on). I thought it must have just happened.

So when I used my pc physically (not through remote support), I arranged the icons and rebooted. After reboot the icons would again jumble up. So I did some google search and tried the following :

1. Deleted iconcache file
  2. Unchecked auto arrange icons
  3. unchecked allow themes to change desktop icons
  4. My screen resolution is OK 1920x1080
  5. Did a scan sfc /scannow - windows found some issues and fixed it. But this problem was not solved

What should I do ? (I am not changing resolution or anything like that.)

Regards,
Jack

Hello

Can you please check and confirm if the resolution of the monitor of the source PC (the one you initiate remote access from) is identical to this one?

Sometime Windows adjusts the icons as per the screen you're using to view the screen.

Please report back with the results if any further assistance is needed.

Cheers!!