[SOLVED] Desktop icons turning into white paper icon when i create a shortcut, how i can resolve it?

Apr 19, 2021
Desktop icons turning into white paper icon when i create a shortcut, how i can resolve it?

Solution
Either program that is supposed to open particular file type by file extension is not installed or file type registration disappeared from Windows Registry. You can right click on mentioned file and then in popup menu select "Open With". Then you will have a choice of programs from which you must select one used to open files of particular type. Alternative way is right click on file, select "Properties", in dialog click on "Change" button and select the program.
Is either of those things happening? Are you moving the destination file? Does Windows know how to run/execute the target file?
Describe exactly what you are doing to create these shortcuts and what when they change to the white paper icon.

Also, if you right click the icon, go to properties, you can change the icon to whatever you'd like.

Either program that is supposed to open particular file type by file extension is not installed or file type registration disappeared from Windows Registry. You can right click on mentioned file and then in popup menu select "Open With". Then you will have a choice of programs from which you must select one used to open files of particular type. Alternative way is right click on file, select "Properties", in dialog click on "Change" button and select the program.

Solution