Desktop in Bedroom. SO HOT

kaiteck

Honorable
Nov 12, 2013
So after i build my desktop, i decided to move it into my room.
After that, my room gets so heat up, and even with fan blowing me,im still so sweaty.

Any ideas why or solutions to solve it?
Im living in hot and humid area, specifically Singapore.

Solution
there is only one window in my pc room as well and we do not have air conditioning.

the best you can do is to put a fan in the window blowing air in and to put the computer up on the desk or in a place where both you and the case can benefit from the airflow.

at least the heat doesnt seem to be a problem for the pc.. you just need to circulate the air around so that it doesnt build up the heat as much.

kaiteck

Honorable
Nov 12, 2013
I have 2 monitors (1920 by 1080 and 1280 by 1024)
---Specs--
AMD FX-6300
Cpu fan is cm evo 212
Gtx 650 OC 2GB
Samsung 840 evo ssd 128gb & WD blue 1tb
Seasonic m12ii 620W

Use you mobo UEFI to keep an eye on the cpu temp. If it gets past 55C, get a better cpu cooler.

Make sure your case is clean on the inside - blow it out regularly - especially fans, filters and coolers.

Bump up your fan speeds.

Don't overclock anything.

subcutaneous

Honorable
Feb 20, 2012
The PC will dissipate almost the same # of watts in heat energy no matter what the cooling solution is on the components. The temperature of the components only has a minor impact on how much they heat the room - the wattage they consume is a better indicator of how much the room will heat up.

Ventilate it separately from the room, or improve the cooling to your room in some way to offset the increased heat output of the PC. Most likely your rooms original design was not intended to dissipate so much heat comfortably.

agreed. i7's comment on a cpu cooler will not affect your room temperature. however, if you do notice excessive temps (i would say 65c or higher) then you definitely do need a better cooler.

a running computer will definitely heat up the air in a room. if i leave my system idling in a closed room for awhile it will be at least 5 degrees warmer in the room if not more. with my television on (which i use as a monitor) it can be 10 degrees warmer or more.

you need ventillation. air must enter your room and then go out. ideally you would leave your door open and have air either come in the window and go out the door or come in the door and go out the window. you can help this by using a fan at the window. this will circulate the air so it is not kept confined in the room to build and build.

at a bare minimum you need a fan blowing in fresh air from outside if you have your door closed or an overhead fan circulating the air.

you might want to put the computer in a different spot where it has better ventillation as well. having it on top of the desk could mean better airflow better dissipation of the heat with any kind of amibient air currents. having it under the desk next to your legs is going to be hotter.

kaiteck

Honorable
Nov 12, 2013
Now im strongly believe that its not due to my cpu since its only 46 degrees at max.

I don't wanna leave the door open... my parents will be able to see what im doing...

I shall try changing the locations of my fan and desktop first many thanks :D

there is only one window in my pc room as well and we do not have air conditioning.

the best you can do is to put a fan in the window blowing air in and to put the computer up on the desk or in a place where both you and the case can benefit from the airflow.

at least the heat doesnt seem to be a problem for the pc.. you just need to circulate the air around so that it doesnt build up the heat as much.

Solution

CountOtis

Honorable
Jun 18, 2012

I agree, however a note on this. Really hot days outside you may want to consider having the fan suck the air out instead of blowing it in. Sometimes this will work better if inside is cooler than outside.