Question desktop keyboard space bar n a few keys issues

vampelle

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2011
I don't know if this is the right place, but if u can help it would be great.

I have an Hp keyboard (old not new), it was working fine just before i shut down the PC for the night.
The next day, certain keys and space bar stop working, and Few keys responding as One.
Keys A, S and left shift when pressed would show AS in high letters or press again as small letters. They were working as one including the left Shift;
Keys M, stop working but pressing Key J, it would show "JM" as together.
Page up and down stop working
Numkey pad 7 to 9 issues.

Soultion i did and what got fixed and don't;
After opening the keyboard i found water drop on left side not just on top of the keyboard sheets but inside too. Strangely, don't remember dropping water on it.
After carefully cleaning it with soft tissue, everything started to work as should except "Space bar", key "M commas dot and slash" .
J no more showing letter M with it.

I would like to fix the remaining keys and space bar any suggestions?

Lutfij

Titan
HP have a lot of keyboard's floating around, which one do you have? You can look at the sticker at the bottom of the keyboard, to get the SKU for the keyboard.

Does the keyboard exhibit the same issue when plugged into a donor system? If so, then the keyboard needs replacing(if it's not a mechanical keyboard).

vampelle

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2011
HP have a lot of keyboard's floating around, which one do you have? You can look at the sticker at the bottom of the keyboard, to get the SKU for the keyboard.

Does the keyboard exhibit the same issue when plugged into a donor system? If so, then the keyboard needs replacing(if it's not a mechanical keyboard).
model KU-0316
to second part, yes.
if i can get space bar and M working that is fine for me.
as using a spare keyboard right now and not good for gaming.

Lutfij

Titan
I've had a membrane keyboard that exhibited the wrong key presses, opened it up thinking I can clean the membranes off of any moisture build up, turns out the soldering to which the PCB was connected to for the UBS wire was corroded.

vampelle

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2011
I've had a membrane keyboard that exhibited the wrong key presses, opened it up thinking I can clean the membranes off of any moisture build up, turns out the soldering to which the PCB was connected to for the UBS wire was corroded.
i saw the strip that goes into the PCB connector and its looks all fine. but i did not take the strip out of it thought.