[SOLVED] Desktop randomly going darker

xpyro1fire

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2013
Hello. I had a second monitor 4K with HDR and I sold it. My problem starts after that. Now my desktop randomly goes darker one time a day or something. If I move my cursor, it returns to normal. My current monitor is 1080p without HDR. I think that my computer have settings from my 4K monitor which I sold already and that might be the reason why it's messing with my current desktop. I don't know how to fix it. I tried googling. I checked display settings.

Solution
If the only thing that have changed is the monitor then source of the problem is probably it. Look into the manual, play aroung in the monitors built-in UI via controller that came with it or physical buttoms on it, there are probably some energy saving/eco options or whatnot you can change/disable which should fix the issue.

piechockidocent9

Honorable
Aug 30, 2017
If the only thing that have changed is the monitor then source of the problem is probably it. Look into the manual, play aroung in the monitors built-in UI via controller that came with it or physical buttoms on it, there are probably some energy saving/eco options or whatnot you can change/disable which should fix the issue.

Reactions: xpyro1fire
Solution

xpyro1fire

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2013

aww man. You are right. Turns out that it was "Smart View" feature thing.

Now you need to help me with one more thing. I do not know how to appoint your reply as the answer on this forums. Lmao.