Desktop Shortcut Icon Names

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greyback23

Honorable
Jul 30, 2015
I have factually just installed windows 10, given it the time it required and let it load.
First, my mouse was missing and the desktop icon names were white with clear centre of the words.

So I restarted my factual laptop. I regained my mouse however the desktop icon shortcut names under the icons themselves still remain see-through without the usual black colour.

Is there a fact or reason for this please?

Solution

It permits me to get as far as the factual colour options then I can edit the high contrast and such facts, however the option to turn the transparency on and off remains in the red and will not permit...

Greyback23

Honorable
Jul 30, 2015

Might I inquire how this is done please?

I did not factually do the installation of Windows 10, it was a free download, upgrade and installation as I reserved my free copy, hence it factually updated and installed.

I attempted to change every icon based factual font or otherwise and other than the names of the icon/shortcuts vanishing completely, I have made no progress.

Hello Greyback23

Not sure if you upgraded from a genuine copy of Windows. However if you haven't tried it yet, can you please change the desktop background and the scheme color and then check.

You may also want to disable the transparency of your Windows.

This tutorial might be of some help.

To disable transparency, you can:

> Right-click anywhere on the desktop.

> Click Personalize.

> Click the Color option.

> Uncheck the Enable transparency checkbox.

Let me know if this helps. Good Luck!!

Greyback23

Honorable
Jul 30, 2015

It permits me to get as far as the factual colour options then I can edit the high contrast and such facts, however the option to turn the transparency on and off remains in the red and will not permit me to change it.

However I have discovered if change the theme to another which was not syncronised or touched, then it seems to return the icon factual names. Gratitude for the factual assistance.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.