Desktop shortcuts collection

howdy2028

Honorable
Feb 25, 2012
Hello,

i have a folder which contains popcap games and named it games, then i have another folder which contains the shortcuts of the games in offline games and named it games shortcuts. now, when i try to copy these 2 folders in different drive, i cannot use the shortcuts folder because it has different location, so i need to create a different shortcuts again... is there a way that i can use the shortcuts i have made?

If the folder with games is the installation folder, you don't want to move that. Most programs don't work well if you move them from the drive you had them installed at.

If you copy the folder holding the shortcuts to another drive, that won't matter, the shortcuts will still point to the original place no matter where you move them.

Just don't move the original installation of the games.

howdy2028

Honorable
Feb 25, 2012

thanks... i'm still trying to figure out if this is what i need... ^_^

howdy2028

Honorable
Feb 25, 2012

thanks... but i think, they only show how to fix broken shortcuts, not no automatically change the shortcuts location when moved in other drive... but i'll still try to check the others.

howdy2028

Honorable
Feb 25, 2012

the folder with the games contains the games themselves, no need to install, i'm only making shortcuts of the .exe files and place it in the desktop. if i have 1 hundred games, i need to create shortcuts one by one everytime i'm going to transfer it to different drive in different pc. but if i already made a shortcuts in a folder and move the 2 folder to another drive in another pc it is easier to just copy all the shortcuts in the folder and place it in the desktop instead of making shortcuts again one by one.

The program auto search for all shortcut files in the drive. But the system volume information is not under your control and if you run the program, then program will not be able to access that file to search for shortcut and you get "Error 2! System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'F:\System Volume Information' is denied."

and other error.

howdy2028

Honorable
Feb 25, 2012

thank's for the info man! before taking control of the system volume information, i'm getting that error 2... thanks again...

problem solved.