Desktop suddenly stopped POSTing after stress test

Jan 17, 2019
I built a computer a week or so ago. I was considering overclocking, so I was running some stress testing programs (prime95 and cinebench). I had not yet overclocked or changed any settings. I had finished the stress test, and was closing things up when the monitor froze, and when I restarted the computer, and it just said no signal. The computer still turns on and lights up, and the fans run hard as if it was working hard on something though. I've went through the troubleshooting checklist on this site (most of which wasn't helpful because it obviously wasn't the case because it had just been POSTing before. I tried the CMOS jumper and taking the CMOS battery out and putting it back in. I also put on the motherboard speaker, but it isn't making any noise. I appreciate any suggestions.

I have a ASRock Z390 pro4 motherboard, Intel i5 8600k CPU, Radeon RX580 Sapphire Nitro GPU

Jan 17, 2019

I have an FSP windale 6 CPU cooler. I was keeping track of the temp with HWmonitor and I didn't see it go above ~68 degrees celsius.

Jan 17, 2019

Here's my GPU:
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=1FT-000B-000D7

When I took the CMOS battery out, I had to take my graphics card out to get to it, so when I put the CMOS battery back in, I plugged my monitor into the motherboard I/O hdmi port instead of the GPU and still got nothing. I don't know if that is correctly "using onboard graphics", but that's what I did.

So should I take the cooler off and try to post, or is that dangerous? Or should I just put it on more loosely?

Thank you for your help.

Jan 17, 2019

I suppose my heatsink was on pretty tight, but no scorch marks, the CPU pins didn't look blatantly bent.