Desktop won't boot up

A13x213

Commendable
Sep 8, 2016
The issue that I'm having is that after changing settings in "msconfig" my computer doesn't boot up. I kept getting blue screen... Ive been reading threads and forums trying to fix this but nothing. I can't access safe mode and I still get blue screen when trying to restore to a last successful boot. I've tried using bcdedit because it seem to work for everyone. But now when I try to start windows normally or safe mode/with network/command prompt all I get is a black screen and the thing that's there is my mouse. Please help, I just built this computer not long ago, the only thing I was trying to get windows 7 to detect my new sticks of ram and cpu... everything is new except the hard drive. Is there another way to undo what I did...??!!..

Solution

If you changed the motherboard, you want to re-install Windows clean.

Solution

LukeFatwalker

Reputable
Dec 29, 2015
Definitely recommend next time running a disk imager or snapshot tool before you change hardware...

Since it sounds like you're without a disk image/snapshot, you're only other option is to reformat the machine.

Once you are up and running definitely install a disk imager (Drive Cloner, Acronis TI, Macrium Reflect, etc) or a snapshot tool (RollBack Rx, Comodo Time Machine, etc)