Question Desperate for help ——— Possible RAM issue on new build ?

NiclasNk3

Honorable
Sep 15, 2016
Hi,

I don't have anywhere to turn. I built a new pc yesterday with
3080, 12600kf together with 32gb ddr5 that I found cheap (new ones).
I tried to play some overwatch 2 which resulted in crashes, I've updated every driver (reinstalled the graphics drivers) and resinstalled the game.
It still crashes and gives different errors each time but all are GPU related.
I know the GPU works fine since I had it in my old PC. However im getting GPU related crashes like "external software has acquired some video resources from overwatch..." which lead me to remove basically every program except the game and browser.
Then I got "Overwatch has crashed in the graphics driver..." which lead me to update the drivers, didnt work so i removed them completely and tried both newer and older drivers.
I watched the logs and got "Kernel-Power, Event 41" and also "LiveKernelEvent code 141". Which says "Hardware error".
Gpu worked fine before and I believe it is doing so now too.
(PC is never above 65 degrees and I have 850w psu).

I tried Windows Memory Diagnostic which told me "Your computer has a memory problem", I didn't believe it at first so i tried memtest86 and got like 10k+ errors quite fast "FAIL, Test has aborted due to too many errors".

Is it possible that this is in fact a ram error causing the game to behave like this?

Best regards
Niclas

NiclasNk3

Honorable
Sep 15, 2016
full system spec? include brand and model of the psu

fresh os install? latest bios?
Thank you so much for the fast answer.
12600kf
Asus prime z690-P
KFA2 3080 10gb
Lexar Ares CL 40 4800mhz
Cooler master V850 SFX Gold

I freshly installed windows yesterday. Its either the latest or second latest BIOS (latest update was the one bringing support for 13th gen).
Ive gotten blue screen code 139 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...code-139/1e65f372-a670-451e-ad67-9cc53a56cccf.

Memtest86 failed and also Windows memory diagnostics.

BR
Niclas

Thank you so much for the fast answer.
12600kf
Asus prime z690-P
KFA2 3080 10gb
Lexar Ares CL 40 4800mhz
Cooler master V850 SFX Gold

I freshly installed windows yesterday. Its either the latest or second latest BIOS (latest update was the one bringing support for 13th gen).
Ive gotten blue screen code 139 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...code-139/1e65f372-a670-451e-ad67-9cc53a56cccf.

Memtest86 failed and also Windows memory diagnostics.

BR
Niclas
If memtest failed that takes windows and drivers out of the mix.

Stay with memtest.

Proper bios?

Ram in the correct slots?

Test one stick at a time.

Was this ram a kit?