Question DESPERATE FOR HELP - blurry/grainy/bad textures on 4070ti in every game, no idea what to do

Pikabloop

Reputable
Jan 2, 2020
I recently purchased an incredible prebuilt from Origin, and I'm incredibly happy with the performance, but for some reason every doesn't actually look good. Games have textures that look blurry and sometimes low quality.

Specs are:

Processor: Intel Core i9-13900K 24-Cores 3.0GHz (5.8GHz TurboBoost)

Motherboard: MSI PRO Z790-P WiFi DDR5

Memory: 32GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 (2x16GB) 5600MT/s

System Cooling: iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX XT Liquid CPU Cooler

System Fans: ORIGIN PC Maximum Fan Kit

Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Ti 12GB

Power Supply: CORSAIR 750x SHIFT SERIES PLUS GOLD

Monitor: Acer Nitro VG240Y P, using displayport

There are many other games I've tried as well, and they all have poor textures. I have maximum settings on every game, and yet the textures will still look like this. I have some screenshotted examples, with Cyberpunk 2077 and Metro Exodus being especially bad for some reason. Sometimes the textures will look great up close - the car in the Cyberpunk 2077 screenshot looks great, but everything beyong that struggles. The Dead Space screenshot might be a little harder to tell, but the problems are definitely there too. I've been totally unable to find solutions, and while I have seen some other people with similar issues, but they never seem to be solved.

View: https://imgur.com/a/Nd3p3Q6

I am by no means a computer expert, so please let me know if there's any more information that I need to provide, and anything I should test. I have messed around with some settings in the Nvidia control panel, so maybe I was experimenting with the wrong settings or maybe there's a deeper issue. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!

In Nvidia control panel, have you tried using image scaling? Enable it and set it to about 60-70% and see if it helps. Another setting I would try is set texture filtering to high quality. Go down to Change Resolution and ensure you are using native resolution/correct resolution for your monitor. On same page go down to Apply the Following Settings: Try enabling Nvidia color settings, then make sure Desktop depth is Highest ( 32 bit depth) Output color depth is 8/10 bit, Output color format is RGB, Output Full Dynamic Range is set to Full.

Jan 11, 2024
I recently purchased an incredible prebuilt from Origin, and I'm incredibly happy with the performance, but for some reason every doesn't actually look good. Games have textures that look blurry and sometimes low quality.

Specs are:

Processor: Intel Core i9-13900K 24-Cores 3.0GHz (5.8GHz TurboBoost)

Motherboard: MSI PRO Z790-P WiFi DDR5

Memory: 32GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 (2x16GB) 5600MT/s

System Cooling: iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX XT Liquid CPU Cooler

System Fans: ORIGIN PC Maximum Fan Kit

Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Ti 12GB

Power Supply: CORSAIR 750x SHIFT SERIES PLUS GOLD

Monitor: Acer Nitro VG240Y P, using displayport

There are many other games I've tried as well, and they all have poor textures. I have maximum settings on every game, and yet the textures will still look like this. I have some screenshotted examples, with Cyberpunk 2077 and Metro Exodus being especially bad for some reason. Sometimes the textures will look great up close - the car in the Cyberpunk 2077 screenshot looks great, but everything beyong that struggles. The Dead Space screenshot might be a little harder to tell, but the problems are definitely there too. I've been totally unable to find solutions, and while I have seen some other people with similar issues, but they never seem to be solved.

View: https://imgur.com/a/Nd3p3Q6

I am by no means a computer expert, so please let me know if there's any more information that I need to provide, and anything I should test. I have messed around with some settings in the Nvidia control panel, so maybe I was experimenting with the wrong settings or maybe there's a deeper issue. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!
I have had the same issue since I switched from GTX980Ti to RTX3060 (I got rid of it because of this issue) and later to RTX4070ti. Everything that is further in the scene looks like it was covered in a dithered mesh, which is causing horrendous pixel crawling (shimmering) in more detailed textures and fine edges (wires and similar). My last bad experience was with Battlefield V, it looks really bad and TAA adds some atrocious ghosting mainly to the vegetation. What bothers me is that when watching gameplay streams, it looks like the majority of people don't have such problems and just few believe us.
There seems to be nothing that can be done though. I spent 2 months with Nvidia support to no avail and they say there is nothing they can do about it. I am barely gaming anymore because of this. It's disappointing that such expensive hardware does not deliver.