Question Desperate Help! Ryzen 7 5700G APU - Freezing and/or BSOD

Jan 5, 2022
Hi guys, new here.

I come in search of desperate help. Just built my PC a month ago, and can't seem to get it right. There's definitively something wrong and I don't know what else to do.

It will randomly freeze, sound keeps going, and after some seconds screen goes black, and complete lockup. Will do it every couple of hours at least.
Sometimes it will go BSOD too, or tabs in Firefox crash randomly. Very, very unstable.
The lockups happen especially when gaming or doing 3D rendering stuff.
I have tried with W11 and W10 with no noticeable difference.

Specs:
APU: Ryzen 7 5700G
MB: Asus ROG Strix B550F Gaming WiFi
RAM: (2x8)16Gb Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 3600Mhz
PSU: Corsair RM650W 80+Gold
SSD: Samsung 980 Nvme 500Gb

Corsair H100i Capellix AIO 240mm
Corsair 4000x Chassis

So far I have tried the following with no success:

• Reinstalling SO (W11 or W10)
  • BIOS Update from 2403 to 2423
  • Enable/Disable DOCP to 3600
  • Manually entering 3600 Mhz / 1800 FCLK
  • Enabling / Disabling Precision Boost Overdrive (PBO)
  • Installing drivers from AMD and from Asus, different versions. Still having lockups.
  • With and without Armoury Crate
  • With and without iCue
  • Reseating PSU cables (x3)
  • Changing RAM modules (installed in A2/B2 as per MB instructions)
  • Using a single stick of RAM. (This gave me hope as I could play for about 1 hour)
  • Tightening/ Loosening AIO pump mount screws
  • Tightening / loosening MB screws
  • Cleared CMOS
  • Set SOC Voltage to 1.05
  • Disabling C-States
  • (Everyone says to change Power Supply Idle Control to Typical, but this is a setting I can't seem to find in my BIOS)
-Reinstalling RAM, APU, checking MB connections.
-Can't really remember what else I have done so far.

Benchmarks passed without any issues, and with max 75C for the CPU package during the most demanding tests.
  • Heaven (with and without OC)
  • Cinebench R23
  • OCCT
  • MemTest86 (x4 times. Twice with both sticks, and once for every RAM stick)

I have read most of (if not all) of the forums and topics covering similar issues.
I am afraid there's something wrong with my hardware, but don't know where to start to get a clear diagnose.

Guys, I really need your help.
I can get similar sticks of RAM but with different timings, I would change from C18 to C16 which should be better. But can't really tell if this is the issue.
Do you think it's the RAM? APU? MB?

Your help is greatly appreciated,
And if you just read all of this, thanks!

Jan 5, 2022
UPDATE: It froze again a couple of minutes ago, but I left it alone for about 10-15 minutes and booom it rose back from the death with an AMD Driver Timeout message.
It seems to be a driver issue after all. But this leaves me even more confused as I can't seem to find any driver that works, not even using DDU or AMD Clean Up.

Mar 6, 2022
Did you mange to fix this???
Recently I built a very similar setup, and been experiencing the same issues, but I have not been able to fix it :(

Jan 5, 2022
Did you mange to fix this???
Recently I built a very similar setup, and been experiencing the same issues, but I have not been able to fix it :(

Hi!
Sure, it was definitely an incompatible RAM. Changed for G-Skill Trident Neo (which were QVL approved on both the board and AMD pages) and we were good to go.
Ryzen can be quite finicky with the RAM.

What's wrong with your setup?
Let us know :)

Mar 6, 2022
After assembling my new buid, the AMD Adrenalin driver starter failing. After bootup the system will randomly crash and after a few seconds de screen will go black. The wierd thing is that if I disable the driver, the crashes dissappear.

I have tested various solutions, including everything you proposed in your post, and no luck.

At this point I think that the issue must be my RAM as they also are C18. But I want to rule out everything else before changing the Hardware.

setup
=====
MB: Gigabyte A520M DS3H
RAM: (2x8)16Gb G.Skill Ripjaw V 3600Mhz
PSU: evga 600W 80+
SSD: Kingston nv1 Nvme m.2 500Gb

Jan 5, 2022
After assembling my new buid, the AMD Adrenalin driver starter failing. After bootup the system will randomly crash and after a few seconds de screen will go black. The wierd thing is that if I disable the driver, the crashes dissappear.

I have tested various solutions, including everything you proposed in your post, and no luck.

At this point I think that the issue must be my RAM as they also are C18. But I want to rule out everything else before changing the Hardware.

setup
=====

CAS latency should not be the issue. Is that RAM Ryzen approved? Did you checked the QVL?

https://www.amd.com/en/products/ryzen-compatible-memory

Find the exact model number and let us know if you find it.

Mar 6, 2022

setup
=====
UPDATE: Searching in my MB qvl y found out that the supported (2x8Gb) G.Skills RAMS had this model:
F4-3600C18Q-64GVK
But my RAMS have the following model:
F4-3600C18D-64GVK

In the AMD QVL, there wasnt a exact match. I only found this models:
F4-3600C18D-16GTZN
F4-3600C18D-16GTZRX

Aug 1, 2022
Hey man, so the fix here is switching RAMs?
I've recently built a new PC, but I'm getting countless video errors.
When I was using AMD driver, game would crash and it'll show AMD error message.
I've uninstalled it, and now I'm using those Windows Update drivers.
And now I'm having the same issue as you described, it freezes, then black screen, sound still goes on (I can even keep talking on Discord...)
Temperature won't go higher then 65ºC, so I think it can be ruled out.

APU: Ryzen 7 5700g
MB: Gigabyte b450m ds3h
RAM: this one 2x8GB 3600mhz https://pt.aliexpress.com/item/1005..._list.0.0.21efcaa4XVduDc&gatewayAdapt=glo2bra

Jan 5, 2022
Hey man, so the fix here is switching RAMs?
I've recently built a new PC, but I'm getting countless video errors.
When I was using AMD driver, game would crash and it'll show AMD error message.
I've uninstalled it, and now I'm using those Windows Update drivers.
And now I'm having the same issue as you described, it freezes, then black screen, sound still goes on (I can even keep talking on Discord...)
Temperature won't go higher then 65ºC, so I think it can be ruled out.

APU: Ryzen 7 5700g
MB: Gigabyte b450m ds3h
RAM: this one 2x8GB 3600mhz https://pt.aliexpress.com/item/1005..._list.0.0.21efcaa4XVduDc&gatewayAdapt=glo2bra

Hi there, make sure it's approved in the AMD QVL list.

https://www.amd.com/en/products/ryzen-compatible-memory

Haven't heard of that brand tho. Personally, wouldn´t risk it.
Let me know how it goes