Despite Launch Issues, SimCity Sells 1.1 Million Copies

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

davewolfgang

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
I really, really enjoy the game, and I haven't had any major issues, because some minor graphics with the roads and hills - but that's only in the image, it still works. I would like for them to offer at least the ability to play sandbox mode offline, so while I'm on a flight or where there's no wifi, I can still at least play.

Oh, and make some zones that have larger cities available - like an entire zone as ONE city.

Ananan

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2007
Things can't get better because too many people just don't give a rip.

I've seen the simcity defenders all over the net. Somehow they think that what happened was acceptable because "online launches are always buggy". Where in the world does this attitude come from?

tobalaz

Honorable
Jun 26, 2012
So 54% of those sales were non-refundable where the users were forced to wait to play it.
OK, got that much.
But of the remaining 550,000 copies sold is that the total sold to before or after returns?
Not trolling here, I really want to know.

cpatel1987

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2010
You know, all this complaining was also done during Riot Game's lackluster launch of League of Legends...now look at them. Now of course, I don't foresee this game will ever reach the popularity that LoL has reached, but I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt to EA. Its not like theres a monthly fee attached to this game, so I really feel indifferent about EA's problem's during launch. Sure I wasn't too happy about it, but nothing that couldn't be solved by playing other games in the meantime. Also, the fact that EA gave out a free game as an apology, that's something very few companies would do.

Its very obvious the launch could have occurred a lot smoother, but I can't understand why people put so much passionate hate behind it.

raktheundead

Honorable
Mar 22, 2013
The funny thing is that all of the controversy has made me completely balk at buying it - but I've had a strange hunger for SimCity 2000 all of a sudden.

Status
Not open for further replies.