Despite Previous Controversy, The War Z Returns to Steam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well reading the Steam forums it becomes clear really fast that Steam users are not satisfied with any game period. They will cry and whine about any game for any reason and most times there are really no real problems with the game.

benage

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2008
I'm just bummed that I didn't buy my copy via Steam otherwise I would have got the refund :p I really tried to like this game but it is pretty darn bad. I've seen far better free games out there. It kinda has the same feel to it as those dodgy iOS or Android games that get you hooked into spending more and more money just to progress that little bit further...a real shame as it has some huge potential...

randomizer

Champion
[citation][nom]bryonhowley[/nom]Well reading the Steam forums it becomes clear really fast that Steam users are not satisfied with any game period. They will cry and whine about any game for any reason and most times there are really no real problems with the game.[/citation]

This is quite true. However, in the case of this game the whining is completely justified.

enewmen

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2005
I like the basic idea of WarZ.
1 Just wish it really has all it claims
2 A much larger world that requires survival skills more than death-match skills.
3 Optional / configurable Survivor NPCs on the servers - most friendly, some unfriendly.

Just personal hopes.

CrArC

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2006
[citation][nom]echondo[/nom]It should have just stayed dead. It won't sell that much this time around.Greedy developers, I bet nothing has changed.[/citation]It wouldn't matter if the developers really have changed it for the better or not. Once the Internet gets an idea into its head, that's it. The game is doomed to a lifetime of criticism and nothing they do will ever be good enough.

jordanjkj

Honorable
Feb 27, 2013
[citation][nom]CrArC[/nom]It wouldn't matter if the developers really have changed it for the better or not. Once the Internet gets an idea into its head, that's it. The game is doomed to a lifetime of criticism and nothing they do will ever be good enough.[/citation]
Do you really beleve they changed anything to match the claims they had when they first released it? What if gearbox re leased another version of aliens:CM and promised that they fixed all the problems. Would you rebuy it? The issues with war z was they basically re leased a paid version of the alpha and expected people to be ok with it.

ddpruitt

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012
felt buyer's remorse after discovering various discrepancies between the actual game and the product description

That's not buyer's remorse, it's false advertising. Buyer's remorse is if you feel bad for buying something just because bought it not because you received less than what was advertised.

Sounds like all the devs really did was change the description instead of completing the game. Looks like they get a second chance to screw it up.

IndignantSkeptic

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2011
The fact that War Z is such a copy of Day Z in name and gameplay and especially is released so soon relative to the other game, in fact even before the other one is commercially released, makes me question the ethics of the developer and makes me feel they are undeserving of money. On top of that there are issues of false advertising and poor quality. I think it perhaps demonstrates something shamefully stupid about humanity that War Z is doing so well. I think the Day Z team should have the right to sue the War Z team.

G

WarZ was what DayZ should have been. DayZ had the right idea, just terrible implementation. Player caps, maps too big for it not to be an MMO (imagine WoW with 64 players in the entire universe), everybody hacking, horrible Arma engine and control interface (you have to bind a key to do absolutely anything in the game).

WarZ was going to make this much more arcade friendly, like BF3 zombie game. Unfortunately they completely LIED with the product description. This wasnt buyers remorse, this was a scam. They advertises maps between 100-400 sqkm, and only ONE MAP had something like 120 km. The dev's had the balls to actually say "well technically 120 is between 100-400 so we didnt lie" lol wtf seriously?

XZaapryca

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2009
[citation][nom]lpedraja2002[/nom]I dislike how much WarZ has copied from other games especially DayZ.[/citation]
Really? Like CoD, MoH and BF all copied each other? Coming up with a concept first is not a guarantee of worthwhile execution.

sscultima

Honorable
Jun 5, 2012
been playing it off and on, they fix some things then just break others in the process, the devs are garbage, and once their "private" servers went up for sale they basically slowed down all dev work in favor for focus on making a butt load of money off worse servers. They don't even have the same spawn count as retail servers, and the price is not even worth it for the month.

Status
Not open for further replies.