Despite Reviews, DNF Was #2 Game in June

Status
Not open for further replies.

molo9000

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
DNF was a lot better than most reviewers made it look.

It's a mediocre shooter with a lot bad design decisions and a hefty dose of Duke Nukem humor on top.
Not worth full price, but still more fun than all the other mediocre console shooters.

People should buy DNF once it's down to budget price, just to remind them that first person shooters can have a sense of humor and be colorful and fun.

The critics are a bunch of morons. I stopped listening to them when they went soldout.

Seriously, The Witcher 2 is the game of the decade and look at the crap they are trying to pull out their asses...!

Eggrenade

Distinguished
May 24, 2008
Lego Pirates of the Caribbean managed to claim the #4 spot followed by Call of Duty: Black Ops in the #6 spot, both also available on the PC.

Last I checked 5 followed 4, but I could be wrong.

randomizer

Champion
It's a Duke game. It was always going to sell well, regardless of whether it was awesome, mediocre or terrible. The demand for a game is based on primarily its brand, not its quality. That's why Activision manages to recycle CoD so many times. Eventually the lack of substance and/or innovation wears down the sales though; check out what's left of the Medal of Honor franchise.

demonhorde665

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
[citation][nom]mute20[/nom]The call of duty of pc gaming.[/citation]

lol you're a dumb --- call of duty is the call of duty for pc , geezus , teh frist COD game was pc only for a year before it got ported to console LOL and every call of duty gmae has had a pc release.

DNF stands alone , it's one of those games you either hate or love. personaly i loved it i though it was funny as hell , i didnt see where the hell people were saying is was mysoganistic (male chauvist yeah , but that a far cry from mysogany , which means to hate women). I thought some of the level design was just super awsome with only a few levels being mediocre in design, the graphics were dated .. but meh what can you expect from a game that has been in development for 14 years.
and Duke was duke , i don't see where he came off as a creepy pervert all of a sudden to some reviewers ??? think they just grew out of that style of humor. i really thought the game was deserving of 70-80% rating instead of the 40-50 that most reviewers slapped on it. It ws certainly awhiff of fresh air in the current game land scape which seems to be stepping on egg shells with politicans and bending over backwards to please nutty parent groups. ask me this is teh kind of game that needs releasing every now and then if for no other reason than to slap our sensitve "pussy-a--ed" society in the face . hoenstly i'm really sick of our touchy society that crys foul at every thing

doorspawn

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2010
In environments like this, the quality of the game affects the next release more than the previous.

DNF sold well based on DN3D, not on DNF.

We'll see how well the DNF expansions sell (if they exist), or how well future releases go.

flowingbass

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2010
Who are the poeple who has the actual money that can buy games? ADULTS. And who are the people who anticipated duke nukem more than anyone? ADULTS. And who are the people who already had the privilege of playing the past duke nukem games when they were actually new and ground breaking? Kids back then that are now ADULTS.

K-zon

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
Isn't the fact of something hooribly gone wrong, and easily solved with a bigger gun the base point of Duke Nukem? So why would that say its a worser release then the other releases? Another then the fact they couldnt get something that was "wrong" "right". But saying knowing Right doesnt mean wrong though as well, unfortunately.

But to say, you get the best stuff at the beginning of any game is to say probably, you can beat a game without playing it. Idk.. Should of still been good anyways, long waited for the release if i recall correctly.

Aionism

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
[citation][nom]molo9000[/nom]People should buy DNF once it's down to budget price, just to remind them that first person shooters can have a sense of humor and be colorful and fun.[/citation]
Why waste your money? Serious Sam 3 is coming soon.

jkflipflop98

Distinguished
Sales figures like this never include Steam's sales. Valve doesn't release those numbers.

Plus, this article specifically mentions only the 360 and PS3 versions, NOT the PC version (which is where most people are going to get Duke).

malphas

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2009
It's not even a bad game, it's just dated, which shouldn't be a surprise given the development history. If DNF had come out in the mid 2000's it would have had great reviews.

shin0bi272

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2007
Im telling you people its the boobs... barely any other game lets you see naked women (or aliens) and when they do its nothing spectacular. Yet you can see someone's head explode in your sniper scope and that's fine... no worries about making kids violent or numb to violence... nahhh but show a digital nipple and the world will end! What's that old hippie expression make love not war? Cant I do both?

shin0bi272

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2007
[citation][nom]Aionism[/nom]Why waste your money? Serious Sam 3 is coming soon.[/citation]
HA HA HA HA HA exactly... and probably for 20 bucks at launch too! Might even look better than DNF judging from the screenshots Ive seen.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YOURSELF!"

Status
Not open for further replies.