Detection driver error. Contact AMD for assistance

Elia25T

Commendable
Jun 18, 2016
Hello

I just removed my windows 7 and installed again Windows 7 SP.1 Ultimate
and when i was installing the graphics card (Radeon r9 270x Sapphire Toxic) drivers and error window came up and it said
"Detection driver error. Contact AMD for assistance"
and then another window came up and it said "Windows requires a digitally singed driver
a recently installed driver tried to install an unsigned driver. This version of Windows required all drivers to have a valid digital signature. The driver might not work correctly. Uninstall the program or device the uses this driver and check publisher's support website to get digitally signed driver Driver: ATI DSM Dynamic Driver
Service: AtiDCM
Publisher: Advanced Micro Devices Inc.
Location C:\Users|User\AppData...\atdcm64a.sys"

I tried to remove it but it just keeps coming back

So i tried again erasing everything in my windows and install it again [(win7 SP1 64) i formated my PC] but the same problem ramin

I tired using Catalyst auto detection and it detected my hardware wrong it gave me " Radeon R7 300 Series" and i have R9 200 Series. Although i downloaded the driver from the auto detection but i get back to the same problem "Detection driver error. Contact AMD for assistance"

I tried using DDU and then reinstall the whole drivers thing from amd.com and from sapphire.com
but it all brings me to the same problem "Detection driver error. Contact AMD for assistance "

Please help
Thank you.

lodders

Admirable

Wow - that is a strange one. My computer sometimes warns me about unsigned drivers, but it always gives me the option to install them anyway....
If I got the drivers from somewhere legit, eg the CD that came with the GPU or the manufacturers website, then I would just click the button that means ignore warning install anyway....

Serrithus

Commendable
Jun 23, 2016

I'm having pretty much the exact same issue. Never run into anything like this before. Tried all the usual tricks. Reformat, run as admin, clean driver uninstall, everything... I've been able to get some versions of crimson and/or CCC to install but I still get performance issues so there's definitely an update required. Let me know if you have any success with this. I'll be taking another crack at it tonight.

Serrithus

Commendable
Jun 23, 2016

I can get into windows, everything functions normally. I just can't upgrade to most recent driver and Crimson suite. It's causing serious performance issues in-game. I've got a slightly different card (Radeon R9 280 msi twin frozr). I've as much as I can think of. Perhaps it's a problem with IS compatibility with the most recent driver?

Serrithus

Commendable
Jun 23, 2016

Couldn't get the 16.3.2 to work, but I managed to get 15.6.4 or something lower. Running better but still no dice.