Deus Ex 3 Dated, Bundles Revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.

joebob2000

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
A better deal? They are selling you a few extra flipped bits! It's a low down dirty shame that they can't just sell one product any more, they have to let anyone stupid, er willing enough to spend extra money have an advantage.

maigo

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2009
I don't care how long it takes the PC version to come out as long as they get rid of the consolitis. There's no point in a pc version if the game is nearly unplayable without a controller.

abottig

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2010
No PC date?!? Are you kidding me??

First Crysis 2, now this. I thought this would be a really good year for the PC, but apparently not.

FATAL STR1K3

Distinguished
May 21, 2008
[citation][nom]abottig[/nom]No PC date?!? Are you kidding me??First Crysis 2, now this. I thought this would be a really good year for the PC, but apparently not.[/citation]
Battlefield 3.

EVILNOD

Distinguished
May 1, 2008
well.. its alot harder to code pc then console with all those different hardware. therefore i understand why they want to release console first and get the $$$ asap. however, they better give pc game a 'PC interface" not some crappy console port. i buy few console port from steam over last xmas.. none of em is unplayable for me due to console UI just dont work well with kb/mouse combo.

theramman

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2009
[citation][nom]xenophorge[/nom]Console only kids are gonna be like "Deus what now?"[/citation]
"What why do i have to make decisions + talk with ppl and not just shooting everything that moves in a linar map with my other 13yr old freinds. Whats a s-s-storydoing in a game..."

I figured they say something like this...

But ive been waiting forever 4 this!
Ive been replaying Deux Ex to prepair for this game.
BTW YALL there IS a PC version!(sucks that it will probably be a port)

warezme

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2006
[citation][nom]EVILNOD[/nom]well.. its alot harder to code pc then console with all those different hardware. therefore i understand why they want to release console first and get the $$$ asap. however, they better give pc game a 'PC interface" not some crappy console port. i buy few console port from steam over last xmas.. none of em is unplayable for me due to console UI just dont work well with kb/mouse combo.[/citation]
Game engines are designed, built and tested on PC hardware. The developers just decide what code path to use, DX9, DX10 or DX11. It is harder for them to work with consoles since aside from the XBOX and its ancient architecture, the PS3 is very different. Consoles are just being targeted since they are perceived as being more secure against pirating and it is easier to get your money up front from snot nosed brats who don't know any better compared to generally tech savvy PC users.

G

Sorry Crytek. Prepare to be educated on how an FPS should be made.

G

Sorry Square Enix, prepare to be educated on how an FPS should be made by Crytek. Crysis 1/2 > DX 2/3

robd007

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2006
[citation][nom]dstln[/nom]No mention of PC in a press release? Lol, does not bode well for any version that may come out. Skipping this one.[/citation]

LOL sorry, its just...you sound like an idiot basing your decision to get the game or not on a typo that was corrected...also, MONTHS before the game comes out...

mikem_90

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2010
Effing Steam had the release date as "Feb 2011" for a long time, even after there were talks of "April 2011". Then when February came along, it went to just "2011".

Bleach. I am so torn. I loved the games in the past, but a game written to be shackled to its Consoles design is far less than it could be. Wonder how many quick time events it'll have.

I might just have to wait and see if its even worth dropping money on. I don't own a PC just so I can play a console game!

G

[citation][nom]whatnowwhere[/nom]Sorry Square Enix, prepare to be educated on how an FPS should be made by Crytek. Crysis 1/2 > DX 2/3[/citation]

Ha. You must be kidding. First off, it was Eidos Montreal, not Square Enix that made the game. Secondly, even Invisible War was better than the first Crysis, namely because Crysis isn't a game; its a benchmark. As I've said numerous times before, Futuremark and Crytek should merge. They both produce benchmarking software lol.

G

[citation][nom]megamanx00[/nom]I don't expect it to be better than the first, I'll be pleasantly surprised if it is, but it damn well be better than the second one.[/citation]

Seriously. Though the plot of the 2nd was very good. Damn ports...

G

I guess then that means that Crytek produces more entertaining benchmarks than Eidos Montreal produces games.

Status
Not open for further replies.