Deus Ex: Human Revolution Performance Analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soma42

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2010
Man as much as I prefer PC gaming I can't wait for the PS4 and Xbox 720 to come out so games will look noticeably better. Might actually want to upgrade my computer by then...

Anywho, I didn't play the first two am I missing anything if I wanted to pick this up?

festerovic

Distinguished
@soma - I personally thought they were average - good, for the time. Not sure if they would stand up to time...

Interesting to read the dual core HT chips outperformed real cores. Can we look forward to the 2600's HT being utilized in games before the next generation of CPUs comes out?

gerchokas

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2011
Good article - i still remember when i first saw the 2000' Deus Ex graphics on my friend's then-brand-new pc, i thought 'maaan... this looks *friggin* REAL!' I instantly knew my old Pentium cpu needed replacing ASAP...
11 years later, i praise again the great graphics.. but this time they havent cought me off-guard!

fyasko

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2010
[citation][nom]festerovic[/nom]@soma - I personally thought they were average - good, for the time. Not sure if they would stand up to time...Interesting to read the dual core HT chips outperformed real cores. Can we look forward to the 2600's HT being utilized in games before the next generation of CPUs comes out?[/citation]

HT isn't the reason dual core SB CPU's beat 6 core thubans. SB is a better architecture. Hurry up Bulldozer!

mayankleoboy1

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2010
@ Don Woligroski
i want the CPU benchmarks at 1080p with highest settings.
benches at 1024x768 are irrelevant. the gamer of today is atleast 1680, preferable 1080.
so please add to the benches. also, this would show the real impact of CPU on FPS.

mattmock

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2009
I have noticed that the new shader based AA modes do a good job reducing jaggies on edges but in some situations they go overboard and lower the image quality significantly. In far cry 2 screen FXAA heavily blurs the grass and foliage where as MSAA keeps those parts sharp. It still seems like 8xQ MSAA is the best option if you have the horsepower for it. (unless of course you can do SSAA)
I would like see more comparison shots of the AA modes in DX, especially shots of plants and busy textures like brick and gravel.

Jax69

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2007
Don't wanna be a fanboy but, i don't know, HardOCP found that the card to beat is the 6970, i rather trust them than Tom's.

mattmock

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2009
[citation][nom]mayankleoboy1[/nom]@ Don Woligroskii benches at 1024x768 are irrelevant. the gamer of today is atleast 1680, preferable 1080.so please add to the benches. also, this would show the real impact of CPU on FPS.[/citation]

Checkout the steam hardware survey, about 24% are at or below 1280 x 1024. I think there are gamers using laptops or budget screens.

Enkal

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2010
[citation][nom]Jax69[/nom]Don't wanna be a fanboy but, i don't know, HardOCP found that the card to beat is the 6970, i rather trust them than Tom's.[/citation]

I thought HardOCP were known to be very biased in favor of AMD/ATI graphics? On the level of banning people on their forums who say good things about Nvidia (iirc). I wouldnt trust them regarding graphics at all, otherwise it's a good site imho.

I think it's better to check more than two sites if you want a more balanced view, not that Deus Ex needs a state of the art machine.

Jax69

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2007
[citation][nom]Enkal[/nom]I thought HardOCP were known to be very biased in favor of AMD/ATI graphics? On the level of banning people on their forums who say good things about Nvidia (iirc). I wouldnt trust them regarding graphics at all, otherwise it's a good site imho.I think it's better to check more than two sites if you want a more balanced view, not that Deus Ex needs a state of the art machine.[/citation]
the truth is i never trust just one site, but is funny how every site gives it's own verdict, some are biased some are not. the important thing is to choose whatever meets our expectations regardless the brand.

Enkal

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2010
[citation][nom]werner123[/nom]Another game favored by nvidia, just hope new amd drivers can catch up.[/citation]

If I understand correctly the PC version was sponsored by AMD and not Nvidia. I only see an AMD logo on their page and nothing from Nvidia.

Enkal

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2010
[citation][nom]werner123[/nom]How do i quote a message? F***[/citation]

There is a button just to the left of the "Hide" option to the far right of the name of each poster. it's a blue " and a red +. :)

verbalizer

Distinguished
even though AMD sponsored, it's nVidia that shows you how it's meant to be played. Yes the upper AMD cards can game at max settings and I love Eyefinity but a SLI configuration will rock with this one..
FYI - we need better resolutions, 1024 x 768, times have changer now.
1280 x 1024 or better, and extra detail @ 1920 x 1080 would be super.
for Eyefinity and 2D/3D CFX and SLI, that should be an entire separate article, you agree.?

genghiskron

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2011
i am enjoying the game so far. not really my style, but i got it for free, and i gotta kill time until bf3 beta. the biggest weakness, imo, is load times, they are substantial when you die, which kinda takes the fun outta throwing a barrel at a group of police officers (only kinda)

reggieray

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2010
The sequel, Deus Ex: Invisible War, was released at the end of 2003 on the PC and Xbox. It received positive reviews
I call the BS flag, it was horrible port job with kiddie console control scheme still in the PC version.

Status
Not open for further replies.