Developer Bringing Windows 8 UI to Windows 7

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I would never work on an UI like that, I want easy access to my files....I do like the start up screen with the clock date and weather though :), but the UI no that would never work for me so if a option to turn it off I'll probably use 8...or get a UI change to 8 myself...because it looks ugly like that and not very user friendly to me at least.

twelch82

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2011
If you've tried the Windows 8 release preview, then you know how it works. The start menu has been replaced with that start screen thing. All configuration of your computer - settings etc. is also done in "Metro".

The desktop does still exist behind it, a jarring transition back to normalcy from the cartoonish Metro. But you will have to go through Metro to do most things.

Want to restart your computer? Go out to Metro. Click "Log Out". You get a tablet-style lock screen. Click "Log In". Click the shutdown button. Then you have the option to restart.

Status
Not open for further replies.