Developers Report Staining Problem with White Nexus 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhansonxi

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
My electronics equipment is rather beat up but I care more about the hardware and software than appearance. I treat tech as a tool, not a fashion statement.

DjEaZy

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2008
... i just speculate, but maybe that's why iPad chooses aluminum... to spread the heat... i do imagine, that when tegra's 3 all cores kick in, it could be hard for plastic cover to cool that... but i just speculate...

altriss

Honorable
Jun 19, 2012
[citation][nom]DjEaZy[/nom]... i just speculate, but maybe that's why iPad chooses aluminum... to spread the heat... i do imagine, that when tegra's 3 all cores kick in, it could be hard for plastic cover to cool that... but i just speculate...[/citation]
Yes maybe but use aluminium instead of plastic and the price will drop from 200$ to 250$...

Bloob

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2012
This is the reason it took a while for Nokia to get their white N9(lumia 800/900 design for those who don't know) out, and why it is not matte. Hardware experience shows.

EDVINASM

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2011
I wouldn't worry too much, coal is widely used in Ireland to heat homes and etc. Even in 'metropolitan' areas of city Dublin. That thing would 'soak' into anything.
On the more serious note matte finish will always attract dust, dirt etc. I have Lenovo matte red cover laptop, disaster to clean. And when I use something stronger like surgical spirits it just starts taking the colour off.

G

Damn, wish I had a nice new white one, I would honestly custom that with some dye for sure :)

Strange how so many manufacturers seem to be having issues with white models.

Oh, by the way, I love how no one ever mocks the fact that Nexus 7 white model is having this issue. Shall we flip back to the white iPhone4 article to see why this is ironic?

jcpark

Honorable
Sep 3, 2012
Hello guys, Can I ask just onething?

I want to buy White Nexus 7(for Developer Version, and I live in south korea, and not seilling yet.)
my job is Programmer, and relate with Android.
And I have no Google Account for Developer yet. that is Problem?

And How do I get that?(the White Nexus 7)

please send to me the info about that to this address "jcgrinbee@gmail.com"

thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.