Question Device Manager constantly refreshing

Apr 23, 2020
To start off I have already tried disconnecting all my USB devices as well as clean booting and uninstalling/disabling antivirus. I was able to safe boot with networking and the device manager wasn't constantly refreshing, where I then tried to update the drivers, but it said they were already up to date. After trying all these things and nothing fixing the issue I finally narrowed it down to the service Network Store Interface Service, when this service is disabled my device manager is fixed. The downside is this service if disabled makes me not able to connect to the internet. I'm not really sure what to do to fix the issue of the constant refreshing while also keeping myself connected to the internet, any help or a nudge in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Ralston18

Titan
Up date your post to include full system hardware specs and OS version.

Be sure to include PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition.

How many USB devices are being connected and what are they?

My first thought is that your computer is unable to keep up with the power demands of multiple USB devices.

You may need a separately/independently powered USB hub to support all of the USB devices.

Apr 23, 2020
Up date your post to include full system hardware specs and OS version.

Be sure to include PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition.

How many USB devices are being connected and what are they?

My first thought is that your computer is unable to keep up with the power demands of multiple USB devices.

You may need a separately/independently powered USB hub to support all of the USB devices.
CPU: Intel i7-4930K
GPU: Nvidia Geforce Gtx 980
Ram: 16GB
PSU: EVGA 1000w (I believe its around 5 years old so same age as the computer)
Windows 10

The USB's I have plugged in are my mouse, keyboard, microphone, webcam, xbox wireless reciever and occasionally i will plug an xbox controller in to charge it.

Ralston18

Titan
First thought - Likely too much demand for USB power.

Consider an independently powered USB hub. (Easily found online.)

Connections being:

Computer [USB port] <---USB cable--->[USB Hub port] USB Hub [USB ports] <---USB cables ---> USB devices.

Second thought - With a 5 year old PSU it is likely nearing its' designed EOL (End of life).

At one time the PSU was able to handle the load but now faltering in some manner with being able to provide the required voltages and wattages.

Keep an eye on the PSU. Especially if you start having all sorts of strange problems, crashes, etc..

Apr 23, 2020
First thought - Likely too much demand for USB power.

Consider an independently powered USB hub. (Easily found online.)

Connections being:

Computer [USB port] <---USB cable--->[USB Hub port] USB Hub [USB ports] <---USB cables ---> USB devices.

Second thought - With a 5 year old PSU it is likely nearing its' designed EOL (End of life).

At one time the PSU was able to handle the load but now faltering in some manner with being able to provide the required voltages and wattages.

Keep an eye on the PSU. Especially if you start having all sorts of strange problems, crashes, etc..
Thanks for the info, however I'm not sure how much this will do much since I'm still having the refresh issue even when unplugging all my USB devices. Does the Network Store Interface Service have nothing to do with my issue? Since when I stop it the issue goes away.

If that doesn't work, you may want to try a clean boot. https://www.windowscentral.com/how-clean-boot-windows-10 A clean boot is similar to safe mode with more drivers added. Since your problem didn't crop up in safe mode, the issue may not be the Network Store Interface Service, rather it is a program conflicting with Network Store Interface Service (I believe Network Store Interface Service is loaded in Safe Mode with Networking) . If the issue is not present with a clean boot, than all you need to do is track down the offending program.

aftertastephd

Prominent
Aug 31, 2018
To start off I have already tried disconnecting all my USB devices as well as clean booting and uninstalling/disabling antivirus. I was able to safe boot with networking and the device manager wasn't constantly refreshing, where I then tried to update the drivers, but it said they were already up to date. After trying all these things and nothing fixing the issue I finally narrowed it down to the service Network Store Interface Service, when this service is disabled my device manager is fixed. The downside is this service if disabled makes me not able to connect to the internet. I'm not really sure what to do to fix the issue of the constant refreshing while also keeping myself connected to the internet, any help or a nudge in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.
I had the same issue you did, and I found that changing my network configuration from private to public stopped the issues I was having.