Device Manager shows two display adapters

Status
Not open for further replies.

inktrends

Honorable
Feb 19, 2013
Hello,

My device manager is showing that I have a ATI Radeon HD 3200 graphics driver AND a ATI Radeon HD 5700 series driver. If I disable either my monitor stops working correctly. I check the BIOS and I see no onboard graphics setting anywhere. I'm running windows 7 and I have an AMD Phenom 9550 Quadcore motherboard.

I've uninstalled the 3200 driver and the system just re-installs it on it's own.

Can I get rid of this 3200? Should I just leave it be?

Thanks

Solution
It's fine. As long as it's not causing any problems, it's absolutely fine. ATi's been doing that for quite a while (since early 2000s).
It usually happens with old video cards of "ATi" era, it shows two devices because they have two RAMDACs, and thus essentially two video cards. %)
Nothing to worry about for the device...don't try to disable it if it's not causing any problems....

The only thing you should worry about is for your drivers to be up-to-date, really. %)

master_chen

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
It's fine. As long as it's not causing any problems, it's absolutely fine. ATi's been doing that for quite a while (since early 2000s).
It usually happens with old video cards of "ATi" era, it shows two devices because they have two RAMDACs, and thus essentially two video cards. %)
Nothing to worry about for the device...don't try to disable it if it's not causing any problems....

The only thing you should worry about is for your drivers to be up-to-date, really. %)

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.