Question Device with Ethernet in and broadcast WiFi?

JudMc

Reputable
Sep 8, 2020
I have a modem/router, with Ethernet and broadasting WiFi. The WiFi is not reaching the other end of the house. But I have Ethernet running out there. Is there something that can accept an Ethernet input and broadcast WiFi? (I need my tablet to get WiFi.)

JohnMGotts

Reputable
Dec 7, 2020
In the simplest terms, if your ethernet cable in that room is connected to the current wifi router, just install a wifi router/access point to the other end. It will allow wifi and ethernet access in that room as well.

lantis3

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2015
Do remember to disable AP or 2nd router's DHCP server/service.

Only some models on the market will convert the WAN port to LAN port. So when using a router, in most cases you have to use 2nd router's LAN port to uplink to main router, not its WAN port.

JudMc

Reputable
Sep 8, 2020
In the simplest terms, if your ethernet cable in that room is connected to the current wifi router, just install a wifi router/access point to the other end. It will allow wifi and ethernet access in that room as well.
No, modem/router is in a different room. I'm going to be running ethernet to a room the other end of the house. Also in that second room, I have a tablet that can only connect to WiFi. And the WiFi signal in the second room isn't strong enough.

I could put a WiFi booster in between. But I'm wondering if there was something that I could put on the Ethernet in that room that could communicate to the tablet with WiFi.

USAFRet

Titan
But I'm wondering if there was something that I could put on the Ethernet in that room that could communicate to the tablet with WiFi.
An access point.
Or a router dumbed down to be an Access Point.