Diablo 3 Closed Beta Hands-On: Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

"The first ACTIVE spell slot won’t be available until the Wizard hits level 10"

u ment pasive ,loving the demon hunter alltho everyting sugests hes gona be underpowered

nicodemus_mm

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2009
"At the time of this writing, my level 9 Wizard only has three active spell slots unlocked -- the other three won’t be available until levels 12, 18 and 24. The first active spell slot won’t be available until the Wizard hits level 10; the other two will unlock at levels 20 and 30."

Shouldn't the second sentence start with "The first passive spell....?" Not to be picky, it's just disruptive to smooth reading.

~ Nicodemus

That UI looks very close to WoWs'. Maybe it's just a first impression thing... But good job Blizz on keeping the dark feeling to the original Diablo.

And seems like you're a long way from really getting the class'es true feeling. Blizzard's style of doing things lately (using WoW as a denominator) is that only when you're really high or at top lvl, is when the class is really fun to play because of the wide variety of skills at your disposal.

Cheers!

Jprobes

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2011
[citation][nom]Yuka[/nom]That UI looks very close to WoWs'. Maybe it's just a first impression thing... But good job Blizz on keeping the dark feeling to the original Diablo.And seems like you're a long way from really getting the class'es true feeling. Blizzard's style of doing things lately (using WoW as a denominator) is that only when you're really high or at top lvl, is when the class is really fun to play because of the wide variety of skills at your disposal.Cheers![/citation]

You mean, WOW's UI looked a lot like Diablo 2. =o)

kd0frg

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2010
im really disappointed there was no necromancer class in diablo 3, unless the witch doctor gets some of those raise em up skills i havent seen yet

michalmierzwa

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2008
What's the point of leveling up if you cant choose where you want to allocate your attribute points or choose spells you want to max out or focus on??? I am bewildered! WTF is auto leveling and who needs it? D3 is going to look like Dungeon Siege 3 where you have no control of your own choices, they are taken away from you... I hope they will fix this!

[citation][nom]kd0frg[/nom]im really disappointed there was no necromancer class in diablo 3, unless the witch doctor gets some of those raise em up skills i havent seen yet[/citation]

The Witch Doctor can raise minions and create a wall of zombies. The zombie wall can attack enemies that are near it. Unlike the Necromancer in D2, where he could only create a bone wall.

bildo123

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2007
[citation][nom]michalmierzwa[/nom]What's the point of leveling up if you cant choose where you want to allocate your attribute points or choose spells you want to max out or focus on??? I am bewildered! WTF is auto leveling and who needs it? D3 is going to look like Dungeon Siege 3 where you have no control of your own choices, they are taken away from you... I hope they will fix this![/citation]

You're right. Let's bring stats back so we can go back to:
Strength: Min. Required for gear
Dexterity: Min. Required for gear
Vitality: MAX
Mana: NOTHING

Gee, look at the wide range of choices D2 had.

gokanis

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2011
[citation][nom]bildo123[/nom]You're right. Let's bring stats back so we can go back to:Strength: Min. Required for gearDexterity: Min. Required for gearVitality: MAXMana: NOTHINGGee, look at the wide range of choices D2 had.[/citation]

No, you will play how they want you too, not how you want..

G

Found This Site WIth All Character Skills and Runestone Effects For Each Skill. http://www.diablo3skills.net/

MxM

Distinguished
May 23, 2005
[citation][nom]ghnader hsmithot[/nom]Bad graphics.[/citation]
As far as I know, he is still playing it on non-gaming laptop with old drivers (see part one) and for that graphics are quite good.

wildkitten

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
[citation][nom]gokanis[/nom]No, you will play how they want you too, not how you want..[/citation]
I know you say that in jest, but I wouldn't be surprised if Bobby Kotick actually believed that.

royalstyle

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2011
you can equip 2 crossbows, reap benefits of 2 sets of affixes, and still use a skill on each mouse button...
no wonder he's dying on DH so often.

msgun98

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2010
Time to update this site and use lightbox for your images. Hate when you click on an image and it takes to to a totally separate page just to view the image bigger.

lordstormdragon

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2011
Gotta hand it to Blizzard to crank out 2003 graphics in 2012. Nine-year time-warps are all the rage these days!

But what's rather more comical is how hard they struggle to make a decent RPG at all. It's like they've never heard of TSR or Warhammer, and even more humorous how "original" they act about their rip-offs.

xyriin

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2010
[citation][nom]royalstyle[/nom]you can equip 2 crossbows, reap benefits of 2 sets of affixes, and still use a skill on each mouse button...no wonder he's dying on DH so often.[/citation]
Have to agree here. DH to level 7 last night was pretty faceroll. Only the faster moving stuff even required me to move from a set spot. But then again I was using dual hand crossbows as designed...lol.

xyriin

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2010
I also see a lot of comments on the graphics as well. Diablo 3 won't be cutting edge in this department. However, those that played the SC2 beta know how much the graphics got ramped up over the course of the beta and even more into the release. They aren't beta testing art, they are beta testing core functionality right now.

G

Looking at the screenshots it looks like he is using a 2-handed cross bow which does allow you to use a quiver in the off hand but it is only a small bonus (+3 disciple or hatred, can't remember which, was the only quiver I had available to buy). Personally, I ended up settling on Evasive Fire, Bola Shot and Caltrops as my abilities. It seems to work well as a combo. When stuff is getting close I hit Caltrops (1) and then hit Evasive Fire which back-flips me away from the mob(s) giving me room to work and leaves them snared. I prefer Bola Shot to grenades because it seems much easier to control and aim altho it doesn't have quite the spread that the grenades do as an ae attack. Bola shot is on 2 and it you use the hotkey to activate the ability it aims just like if you were using right or left mouse click to activate it so I don't see any need to limit the hotkeys to non-targeted abilities and only use right/left mouse clicks for targeted abilities. It's not like you need to use the numpad to move or anything else.

I haven't quite finished the beta but that's more because I spent some extra time redoing some of the random dungeons and had to stop playing a couple of times. It was nice to find a random little quest in one of the random dungeons. Came across a ghost complaining about how her bones had been stolen. Had to click on 3 jars which spawned a rare difficulty mob and some waves of skellies. After doing that three times I just had to go click on her casket. Whole thing was within a screens distance or so of where I started the quest. So far I really like it and I'm sure I'll end up playing through it as at least a couple of the classes just because it goes by so quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.