Diablo 3 Closed Beta Hands-On: Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlg

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2011
The graphics engine in from 2006, how can it look modern? However, this game doesnt aim to look modern, but to look different with a very special artstyle and atmosphere. As long as the graphics are watchable and also they are smooth for your eye and you can stay 5 hours playing without making ur eyes bleed, its fine!

michalmierzwa

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2008
Auto leveling and no way to tweak your character or your spells is in my opinion the biggest downfall for Diablo fans including me.

theonlydz

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2010
why is this a problem?? i'm never without internet anymore.

[citation][nom]reggieray[/nom]Constant internet connection required to play, no LAN support, FU Blizzard.[/citation]

jamesmoore4

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2009
"Like the Magician, the Witch Doctor relies on mana to use the special abilities." Actually, the Magician uses Arcane Power, not Mana. All the classes have a unique resource.

airborne11b

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2008
[citation][nom]sirmorluk[/nom]Gameplay>Graphics.[/citation]
I agree to an extent. Graphics and Gameplay are about equal in importance, but should lean a little more on the gameplay side. No one wants to buy a 580 GTX to play a PC game that looks like it was made in 1999.

But as for gameplay, that's the problem with blizzard games. Their gameplay is unimaginative. They never come out with anything truly original or breathtaking. Blizzard just boxes up a game with mundane gameplay, with terrible graphics so everyone and their mom with an emachine built in 2001 can play(Read buy) their game.

Take for example RTS's. CoH came out years ago and still has better graphics AND more advanced / complex gameplay mechanics.

Diablo3 The gameplay is almost exactly the same as D2, and really brings nothing to the table that other newer RPGs do.

Then you look at their MMO WoW, and it's complete garbage compared to other MMOs that came out around the same time. They Just stole the 3D MMORPG gameplay from EQ, made it easier, wash down the graphics and boom -> WoW.

Sorry, but blizzard is all about quantity in sales, not quality in game or innovation.

Raidur

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2008
2006 isn't bad.

CryEngine 2 (Crysis) is 2007, and that engine is still rarely rivaled today. IMO you can thank consoles for that.

Luckily there's still some innovation out there, like the 4A engine, RED engine, Creation engine, Frostbite 2, and some others.

G

LOL @ airborne11b re: WoW. Garbage compared to other MMO's that came out at that time. Wow 12 million subscribers can't be wrong LOL. The numbers speak for themselves, it is so good all other MMO's have had to go free-to-play to stay alive. Then people end up paying more for F2P and complain about the cost of WoW. Jeez people need to grow a brain.

diablo3warrior

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2011
Great article. I'm surprised to hear that the Witch Doctor is strong right at level 1. I would have thought the opposite.

Sadly, I don't have a beta key. Like most, I have to wait until Diablo 3's official release. But, I did find some pretty solid Diablo substitutes to play while I wait. Here's 3 of the best:

http://www.diablo3warrior.com/3-diablo-style-games-to-prepare-you-for-diablo-3-release-date/

diablo3warrior

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2011
Great article. I'm surprised to hear that the Witch Doctor is strong right at level 1. I would have thought the opposite.

Sadly, I don't have a beta key. Like most, I have to wait until Diablo 3's official release. But, I did find some pretty solid Diablo substitutes to play while I wait. Here's 3 of the best:

http://www.diablo3warrior.com/3-diablo-style-games-to-prepare-you-for-diablo-3-release-date/

Status
Not open for further replies.