Question Diablo 4 Causing PC Reboots - Why???

Feb 24, 2023
As the title says, I'm having trouble with my pc rebooting while playing D4. Sometimes early on, today after an hour or so. There is no real pattern, but its obviously something I need to resolve.

I have no idea what could cause this. I hand picked all the components to ensure being able to play this, or virtually any game at the highest levels, and a friend of mine and I
just built it less than six weeks ago. I based it around an AMD Ryzen 9 7900X and an AMD 7900XTX. It has 32gb of very high quality DDR5 ram, and excellent liquid cooling via an NZXT Kraken 240 liquid cooling system. I also have all updated drivers.

It's a mystery as to why this is happening. Any thoughts and assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Is it only ONE game causing random reboots, or other PC titles as well ? Which power supply model/PSU are you using ? If it's only D4, then most likely it should be a game specific issue, and not your system/PSU, unless all other AAA games are also causing reboots.

What is theTEMP value of both the CPU and GPU while gaming ?

Feb 24, 2023
Some limited exposure in other games has produced no issues. My power supply is a high quality 1000w unit.

Temps have been fine, per the NZXT app.

D

Deleted member 2838871

It has 32gb of very high quality DDR5 ram
Well I can tell you that my system hasn't been having D4 reboots... so it's definitely an issue with your PC.

Full system spec? "High quality" tells us nothing. What parts? Ram speed?

Temps of GPU and CPU when playing D4? "Temps have been fine" tells us neither as well.

Reactions: Metal Messiah.
Feb 24, 2023
I saw at least twenty reports of people having pc's reboot while playing D4 over the first few days in various scattered internet forums where I was searching for a commonality. It isn't only me. That said, your help is immensely appreciated, and I certainly cannot rule out it being my pc, although it has performed flawlessly in the nearly two months I have owned it. But these reboots are killing me.

I listed most of the key system specs in my original statement, but here is a complete listing:

AMD Ryzen 9 7900X
Asus ROG Strix 8650E-F mobo
G.Skill Flare X5 Series 32GB DDR5-6000 memory
AMD Radeon 7900XTX
Corsair RMX Series RM1000x - 1000 watt, Gold, modular power supply
SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB PCIe NVMe Gen4 M.2 2280 Internal Gaming SSD, Up to 7,000MB/S
XFX Radeon RX 7900XTX Speedster MERC310 gaming GPU
NZXT Kraken 240 liquid cooling system

Feb 24, 2023
I checked the Windows log at the suggestion of an IT guru that I know and found this in several places, which seem associated with the times of the reboots:

A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent

Code: 141
Parameter 1: ffffd90ef7c72050
Parameter 2: fffff807cd205300
Parameter 3: 0
Parameter 4: fb4

Can anyone interpret this for me?