Question Diablo 4

• Thread starter Deleted member 2838871
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2838871

Diablo 4 rocks... if you haven't played it yet... you're missing out. Anyone else playing?

Last edited by a moderator:

Anon#1234

Proper
May 30, 2023
From what I read on reddit, it's a bit of a messy launch, 20$ skins that do literally nothing (totally didn't copy the 20$ horse Armour from Skyrim) The game servers to don't run 24/7 so you will occasionally get booted and there isn't and offline server/mode, so it's been rough, pretty sure it has more microtransactions to, but I'll have to double check.

D

Deleted member 2838871

From what I read on reddit, it's a bit of a messy launch, 20$ skins that do literally nothing (totally didn't copy the 20$ horse Armour from Skyrim) The game servers to don't run 24/7 so you will occasionally get booted and there isn't and offline server/mode, so it's been rough, pretty sure it has more microtransactions to, but I'll have to double check.

Weird... I haven't had any connection issues. I did see the microtransaction stuff but don't much care for paying $24.99 for armor skins although they do look pretty darn good.

From here it's been pretty smooth... although I've only been playing a couple hours each day so maybe I've just dodged the bullets. The game has a WoW feel to it and that's a good thing. Lot of the same stuff. In WoW my main characters were mage/priest/warlock and my caster class interests have carried over to D4.

I hit 33 with my Sorcerer last night on Tier 2 difficulty... and she's quickly becoming a force. I have 3 legendary items... 2 of which give me added damage and the 3rd heals me when I deal damage. Pretty sick items for a DPS glass cannon.

Necromancer will be the next character. Beyond that... not sure.

Been tied up doing side quests and storyline quests and am really enjoying it. Gonna get the mount quest done this weekend. I preordered so I have that flaming steed waiting for me in the stable.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Big fan of 1 and 2, didn't care for 3. Already bought D2 resurrected. Can't see myself purchasing another Diablo game anytime soon. Original D2 has some amazing mods that were made for it. Don't think we will see those for D2R, so that isn't cool.

I was never a ladder player or that competitive with it, so it would be very casual. I will wait for the price to drop I think.

D

Deleted member 2838871

Big fan of 1 and 2, didn't care for 3. Already bought D2 resurrected. Can't see myself purchasing another Diablo game anytime soon. Original D2 has some amazing mods that were made for it. Don't think we will see those for D2R, so that isn't cool.

I was never a ladder player or that competitive with it, so it would be very casual. I will wait for the price to drop I think.

I played the original in '97 on a Pentium 75 machine. LOL I never played D2 or D3... but I've had multiple people tell me that D2 is worth playing even today.

I just might have to... because I like the dungeon crawler genre.

iTRiP

Honorable
Feb 4, 2019
You don't say, Is it 3d this time? or still top down?

Don't shoot me for saying this but I know it's a cool game, but people back in the day only played diablo (top down game) or whatever you call it because their pc's couldn't handle a 3d game, true story!

Reading about that people are actually purposely building specific for playing diablo's latest installment.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
You don't say, Is it 3d this time? or still top down?

Don't shoot me for saying this but I know it's a cool game, but people back in the day only played diablo (top down game) or whatever you call it because their pc's couldn't handle a 3d game, true story!

Reading about that people are actually purposely building specific for playing diablo's latest installment.

Diablo 2 and up have been built in 3D engines, but they are still top down isometric style Action RPGs.

I think Diablo 1 was sprite based, but I may have to look that up. It big claim to fame was the procedural generated maps which made for decent replayability. I do recall that the original game concept was a more traditional turn based game, and they re-built it, literally, overnight to make it real time. (Wikipedia entry doesn't go into detail on the game code/engine, and I am too lazy to dig deeper)

Oh, to add the random loot drops also maximize replayability.

Reactions: iTRiP
D

Deleted member 2838871

Back in those days there was 2 games I played online... Diablo and Ultima Online. Both were top down...

Oh, to add the random loot drops also maximize replayability.

I agree. The main story and side quests are a lot to do... and it definitely helps when the game gives you 3 godly legendary items. I'm honestly having more fun blowing up mobs in D4 than I ever did in WoW on my mage. The storyline and voice acting are great too.

Reactions: iTRiP

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Diablo 2 is devoid of side quests if that is something you like to do. Basically the main questline and that is it. There are a few skippable quests though. (six typical per act, except 4, which only has 3, since it was originally the end of the game before the LOD expansion.

D2 also has a huge speed running community, not sure if they are transitioning to D4 or at least showcasing it. Might look around for some videos this weekend.

Diablo III had a more mob killing appeal to it, but the skill system was too simplistic in my eyes. Didn't even complete the main campaign on that one, and we started playing as a group...

Anon#1234

Proper
May 30, 2023
Weird... I haven't had any connection issues. I did see the microtransaction stuff but don't much care for paying $24.99 for armor skins although they do look pretty darn good.

From here it's been pretty smooth... although I've only been playing a couple hours each day so maybe I've just dodged the bullets. The game has a WoW feel to it and that's a good thing. Lot of the same stuff. In WoW my main characters were mage/priest/warlock and my caster class interests have carried over to D4.

I hit 33 with my Sorcerer last night on Tier 2 difficulty... and she's quickly becoming a force. I have 3 legendary items... 2 of which give me added damage and the 3rd heals me when I deal damage. Pretty sick items for a DPS glass cannon.

Necromancer will be the next character. Beyond that... not sure.

Been tied up doing side quests and storyline quests and am really enjoying it. Gonna get the mount quest done this weekend. I preordered so I have that flaming steed waiting for me in the stable.
I think in D2, they offered a new race along with an exclusive skin which was really cool, would've liked to have seen that in d4.

D

Deleted member 2838871

Diablo 2 is devoid of side quests if that is something you like to do. Basically the main questline and that is it.

I think in D2, they offered a new race along with an exclusive skin which was really cool, would've liked to have seen that in d4.

Thanks for the info. Gonna be busy with D4 for a while... in addition to the many other games I don't have time to play. Will consider D2/3 down the road perhaps.

At any rate... have been doing side quests and dungeons and am now focusing on finishing up the questlines to unlock the mount.

Last edited by a moderator: