Diablo III Director ''Very Sorry'' About Facebook Comment

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zodiacfml

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2008
I thought David made some harsh words but they were not as I thought.
David really nailed it on the interview regarding the randomness of dungeons since I think that's the one that gave previous games their replay-ability. The only thing D3 correctly copied is the item grind.

In a bigger view, I think it's corporate greed that took over the game. A rushed product. I feel sorry for the people behind D3 as I think they did their best but bosses took control.

I hope there would be a game similar to D1 that has its atmosphere, loneliness, fear, and hopelessness. It's quite unbelievable that the computer graphics of its time would plant those emotions to a gamer. No wonder it is the best during its time.

G

Having spent countless hours playing the original two games (and all blizzard titles for that matter), I like Diablo 3 and appreciate the hard work it took to bring the game to market. I'm very surprised the how much of the gaming community in general dislikes the game. I enjoy it very much, and was very excited with the 1.04 changes. I don't care for the always connected style of play, BUT I would much rather have that than the rampant hacks that were present in Diablo 2. And yes, i do live in the sticks with only satellite and dial up as my options. I found a satellite service that works really well and I make do.....still better than playing with hacks....

YardstickWHACK

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2008
[citation][nom]idroid[/nom]Never regret what you did because that's what you wanted to do at some point.[/citation]

"Mistakes don't mean a thing, if you don't regret them" - Silverchair

Anomalyx

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
[citation][nom]freggo[/nom]"I want to make it clear that I am very sorry for what I said"Never say you are sorry. It's a sign of weakness :)[Jethro Gibbs][/citation]
Always say you are sorry. It is a sign of maturity.

Seriously, if you never apologize and never realize your mistakes and learn from them, everybody would act like narcissistic 5-year-olds. Wait a minute... that explains everything!

alextheblue

Distinguished
[citation][nom]magikoopa[/nom]Having spent countless hours playing the original two games (and all blizzard titles for that matter), I like Diablo 3 and appreciate the hard work it took to bring the game to market. I'm very surprised the how much of the gaming community in general dislikes the game. I enjoy it very much, and was very excited with the 1.04 changes. I don't care for the always connected style of play, BUT I would much rather have that than the rampant hacks that were present in Diablo 2. And yes, i do live in the sticks with only satellite and dial up as my options. I found a satellite service that works really well and I make do.....still better than playing with hacks....[/citation]I miss Diablo II's skill trees. Especially after they added synergies! It wasn't perfect, but I still liked it better than Diablo III's skill system.

alextheblue

Distinguished
[citation][nom]Anomalyx[/nom]Always say you are sorry. It is a sign of maturity.Seriously, if you never apologize and never realize your mistakes and learn from them, everybody would act like narcissistic 5-year-olds. Wait a minute... that explains everything![/citation]Also, I find that those who never apologize tend to be arseholes who always blame everything that happens on others, no personal responsibility. It's never their fault, why should they apologize? That sort of thing.

migaltec

Honorable
Aug 8, 2012
[citation][nom]hotsacoman[/nom]I think his apology is genuine. If I was the director of a project, especially one that took many years to complete, there would have to be some passion to keep the fire strong. While I agree with the criticisms of Dave about the game, I can appreciate the amount of work put into it. Even if the direction was not the one most would have liked to see it take, I would stand up for my team all the same. That is what being a leader is all about. At the same time, it is also about apologizing for your actions if the way you present yourself is less than dignified. This is the way he should have responded to Dave's criticism in the first place. It is, after all, their game now and while it does not live up to the standards of the original, there was a good deal of effort put into it and that should not be overlooked.[/citation]

Make me sad that so many people thumb down your comment because youare right

Benihana

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2009
Interview: http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/comments/interview-diablo-creator-david-brevik-discusses-his-feelings-on-diablo-3

Nice! So not only did Jay Wilson fail to create a good game, but he also failed to correctly interpret comments made by the man who's franchise created the job for Jay in the first place. Not only that, but using the basest form of language to express his feelings on the Internet. And to publish an "apology" that's more filled with game design information than an actual apology.

Very classy Jay, very classy.

G

Aha here's something I can comment on!

Thank-you Jay for affirming my sentiments - that the entire D3 team had their heads and hearts in the wrong place and continues to delude themselves into believing they made a great game; that the rest of the world (not to mention the D2 team) is just so very wrong.

L0tus

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2006
Wow. So much anger. Guy says something stupid, he apologizes. Move on. If you don't like D3 then play something else. Nobody promised you that your nerdy little roleplaying franchise will stay excellent forever. Talk about having no life.

thehoj

Honorable
Mar 19, 2012
[citation][nom]uz13l[/nom]In his drawn out apology, Jay mentions the Paragon system. I'm confused with what they are hoping to accomplish.. tell me if I'm missing something. It appears to me that they have a level 60 cap.. but let you continue to level with 'Paragon', gaining stats and mf as you go. So why not up the real level cap? If you are gaining stats with paragon, why separate it into a different system? Someone who is 60reg and 100par will be more powerful than someone who is just 60reg. It seems pointless to me.[/citation]

I think the reason they did this is so that they didn't devalue all of the level 60+ gear.

I gotta admit im so happy i didnt buy this game. I was watching the Beta streamers for a day and a half thinking to myself "nah... come on, there has to be something more interesting that that..."

Well turns out there is not anything at all. I hope in the future this will teach impulsive buyers to rethink their purchases, maybe then we start getting good games, and not those unoptimized ports....

Hell, i just got myself STALKER call of prypiat becouse a new mod is finished that overhauls the game: A Mod, made for free, is better than a big studio game like diablo 3.

Somebody explain it!

Status
Not open for further replies.