Diablo III Performance, Benchmarked

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
[citation][nom]heuritisk[/nom]the review lacks how many memory we need? not every has 16 gb ram as the test setup.[/citation]

Either 4GB or 8GB, 4GB is likely. There's no way that we need 16GB for a game like this if we don't need 16GB for any other games yet.

G

Several friends who were in the beta commented that while their low-end rigs were able to run D3 solo, the more people in a multiplayer game, the more their computers struggled... Becoming unplayable in a game with 4 players.

Once this game comes out, it would be interesting to see more benchmarking, especially something more demanding than running in a circle!

[citation][nom]masmotors[/nom]omg i need one more 6850 and be good but will x8 x8 be good or what[/citation]

If one 6850 can do full 1080p very well, what do you need another one for? Besides, Radeon 6850/6870 Crossfire is one of the most micro-stuttering prone configurations on the market.

pijanec87

Honorable
May 11, 2012
I've played beta on 2.2GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, Radeon HD 2600 XT GPU. Works compleately smoothly, 5 player co-op and full of monsters at 1440x900, high details, with complex shadows and AA off, framerate more than 30fps. Therefore it works on all PC's. 12.4 Catalyst don't work with that GPU, I have rolled back to older version. Cheers! :)

simplesheep

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011
[citation][nom]egrh[/nom] Between this and Guild Wars 2, Im gonna have a very unproductive summer[/citation]

Have you try Tera ? you aint go back after Tera >_-

G

This article is not very helpful. I know it's easy walking around town but from my experience performance drops a ton with four players in a busy dungeon, especially with lower end cpus.

This needs to be retested.

jurassic512

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2010
[citation][nom]Cleeve[/nom]The 7870 has always been on par with the 680, Cynergy. Is this new to you?I didn't bother with the 7970 or 680 because the framerates were already astronomical.[/citation]

LOL@the 7870 on par with the GTX 680. it's close, but still trails the last gen GTX 580 in your tests. You sure you work here? The GTX 670 (it's practically a GTX 680 if you've read a review on it) beats the 7950, so how can a 7870 be better than a GTX 680?

cleeve

Illustrious

It was a simple typo, I meant the 580. Fixed.

If you read the context of the quote it's kinda obvious what i was talking about... just sayin. ;)

[citation][nom]rglaredo[/nom]..anything over 560ti ...is overkill for this game.[/citation]

Maximum details, 2560x1600... I'd take the 7870 or the 580 over the 560 TI. Then, there's also if you're using a 3D and/or 120Hz... Then, even more performance would be needed. 120Hz or 3D would need something like a GTX 670 to get high enough FPS, maybe even more, like Radeon 7950 CF. Both 3D and 120Hz together would demand something like two GTX 680s in SLI, maybe even more.

ronch79

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2010
What kind of CPU benchmarks are these when graphics details are cranked all the way to the top? Aren't you supposed to make this CPU-bound and run at the lowest graphics detail possible? Practically useless in determining which CPU runs Diablo 3 best. DUH.

alphaalphaalpha

Honorable
Mar 7, 2012
[citation][nom]ronch79[/nom]What kind of CPU benchmarks are these when graphics details are cranked all the way to the top? Aren't you supposed to make this CPU-bound and run at the lowest graphics detail possible? Practically useless in determining which CPU runs Diablo 3 best. DUH.[/citation]

When the point is to see what does it best, then it's better to benchmark in realistic situations. What you
re asking for is more like using a synthetic benchmark to compare the processors than what Tom's did.

papalazarru

Honorable
May 22, 2012
What sort of crap is this...

There is a massive difference between playing Act I solo, and playing Act III co-op. Good luck with your Core Duo / Athlon 2 / Llano when the poop hits the fan.

So yeah, that bench seems completely irrelevant to me. And Blizzard should really supply a standardised stress test / benchmark because apparently, journos can't do that stuff properly themselves.

rglaredo

Honorable
Mar 26, 2012
This benchmark has sli and xfire results but according to Blizz, D3 does not support either and doing so will cause the game not to start or is unstable. .So, Blizz was lying about it ??? and the 560 and 6850 can be on sli/xfire for diablo and gets a performance boost ??

G

It play beautifully on my iMac, which has a AMD Radeon HD 6770M (512 VRAM).

pita

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
Is Tom's going to redo this benchmark with the considerations of higher level and difficulty play as well as the co-op? This is the chance for you to reclaim your credibility bud.

Status
Not open for further replies.