DICE Pushes Launch of Ray Tracing Title Battlefield V to November

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is fine with me. This extra time will allow them to polish up the game a little more. I'm sure it won't be perfect at launch, but from what I have read, they are listening to us players.

I am a long time BF fan, and I plan to play this one as well.

uglyduckling81

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2011
I hope Nvidia has a benchmarking app developed for their RTX release so independent reviewers can do fair, honest and definitely not skewed benchmarking, because there isn't going to be a single title available on release day to use all those RT cores.
RIP early adopters.

They do a very decent job of compiling a list with GPU centric software to show off their products so I'm sure they will have software ready at launch to put the hardware through it's paces.
https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/data-center/gpu-accelerated-applications/catalog/

BulkZerker

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
"I hope Nvidia has a benchmarking app developed for their RTX release so independent reviewers can do fair, honest and definitely not skewed benchmarking, because there isn't going to be a single title available on release day to use all those RT cores.
RIP early adopters."
Not gonna happen. If nVidia does a benchmark it will use their implementation of Ray tracing, not the one implemented by DX12 (the open source version.)

The bottom line for all of this is, do you want to play games @1080p with Ray tracing or would you rather a higher resolution; on a card that costs over $700?

xxxlun4icexxx

Honorable
Jun 13, 2013
@X_ELUSIV_X,

From what I've seen, no. At least the trailers I saw it looked pretty similar model-wise to BF1. The only thing that I've heard that may be similar to bf4 is time to kill and a few other things.

I don't even think that is the reason. Their pre-order numbers are trailing Black-Ops and RDR2. I assume they are moving it to try to boost those numbers.

However there is a lot of backlash. People didn't like the first trailer and then the guy running it made some not so bright comments that didn't help at all. Normally if your fans, the people that buy your game, say they don't like something you do your best to fix it. Yes not everyone will be happy but this is more than just a feew.

Maybe preorders will go up with a November release. or they will still be just as low. Time will tell.

bigdragon

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
Does it still take several thousand hours to unlock everything? I was a big fan of Battlefield before it became Unlockfield. Haven't touched the franchise since BF3 demanded second job-levels of commitment.

xxxlun4icexxx

Honorable
Jun 13, 2013

I don't think BF1 was bad at all for unlocks. I mean, to get certain camos yeah it takes a while but as long as you play a good amount you'll get the weapons pretty quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.