[SOLVED] * Did a mistake * Can't boot my flash drive *

Jan 28, 2020
Today i wanted to install Windows 7 on my computer. I made a bootable flash drive, and then, instead of going to bios and booting the flash drive there, I executed the setup of windows 7 without going to BIOS and booting it there. Then i Installed windows 7 this way, and it didnt work. When the computer resetted, it just kept on the "Starting Windows" page forever.

Then, I went to bios, and tried to boot the flash drive. But it is not working. I turned on my notebook, and tried to boot the flash drive on bios, and it worked. The setup to install Windows 7 appeared. How can I fix this? How can I boot my flash drive now that i made this mistake.

Solution
If notebook is booting fine from usb then it's probably the PC not set correctly to boot usb.

What's your motherboard?

If it's a modern motherboard with usb 2 & 3 ports, locate usb 2 port and use that.

If bios is uefi and have boot icons to click on, click and move the boot device to #1.

A corrupt Windows install from running setup exe within Windows won't prevent usb boot.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
If notebook is booting fine from usb then it's probably the PC not set correctly to boot usb.

What's your motherboard?

If it's a modern motherboard with usb 2 & 3 ports, locate usb 2 port and use that.

If bios is uefi and have boot icons to click on, click and move the boot device to #1.

A corrupt Windows install from running setup exe within Windows won't prevent usb boot.

Solution