[SOLVED] Did an RMA on the motherboard and the system won't post

4ktv

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2011
MSI claimed to have repaired the board and sent it back to me. I have installed the CPU, Ram and GPU yet it won't post. I have tried one stick of ram with 4 different sticks and still it won't post. Also pulled out the CMOS battery and that didn't help. The only clue I have is the white RAM light always being what lights up unlike from when I sent it in where it would randomly pick a light between CPU/RAM/GPU.

What are the odds the CPU has been damaged and is causing the system to be unable to see ram? Asking because when I removed the CPU cooler the cpu came out with it.

Build:

Motherboard: X570 MSI tomahawk

CPU: AMD Zen 3 5800X

RAM: 32GB Gskill 16x2 @ 3200mhz

GPU: AMD Radeon VII

PSU: Sea Sonic focus GX 750W

Reactions: Diflexster12
Solution
The serial numbers match. It's the same motherboard. I didn't see any stickers on the board. Do you think it would be a good idea to flash the BIOS to ensure it's the right version?
ye, you can use bios flashback just to be sure
here guide
there is off chance that they sent you different mainboard which doesnt have updated bios
on bios chip, there should be really tiny sticker which says which bios version it has
FindBIOS-1.jpg

its as small as a clear cmos jumper

4ktv

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2011
there is off chance that they sent you different mainboard which doesnt have updated bios
on bios chip, there should be really tiny sticker which says which bios version it has
FindBIOS-1.jpg

its as small as a clear cmos jumper

The serial numbers match. It's the same motherboard. I didn't see any stickers on the board. Do you think it would be a good idea to flash the BIOS to ensure it's the right version?

ye, you can use bios flashback just to be sure
here guide

Solution

4ktv

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2011