[SOLVED] Did I break my CPU Socket?

Jul 28, 2021
So, I purchased an AIO to replace my air cooler. As I'm removing the air cooler, the cpu came with it(a few pins were bent in the process). I then ended up straightening them as best I could, placed it back in the socket, tried to turn it on, and nothing. I remembered I have an old CPU that I know has no bent pins, tried that, still didn't turn on. Now I'm confused. Power is going to the motherboard, the yellow light is on. After a while the fans started spinning for some reason but the PC wasn't on. Can anyone help my figure out what I broke? Haha

Jacob 51

Notable
Dec 31, 2020
So, I purchased an AIO to replace my air cooler. As I'm removing the air cooler, the cpu came with it(a few pins were bent in the process). I then ended up straightening them as best I could, placed it back in the socket, tried to turn it on, and nothing. I remembered I have an old CPU that I know has no bent pins, tried that, still didn't turn on. Now I'm confused. Power is going to the motherboard, the yellow light is on. After a while the fans started spinning for some reason but the PC wasn't on. Can anyone help my figure out what I broke? Haha
Is it an AMD CPU?
The socket CAN be broken. Check if it is sitting there properly.
Change the RAM slots, put the RAM one at a time at one slot and diagnose.

Please list all your system specs like motherboard name, RAM, Processor name, etc.

Jul 28, 2021
Is it an AMD CPU?
The socket CAN be broken. Check if it is sitting there properly.
Change the RAM slots, put the RAM one at a time at one slot and diagnose.

Please list all your system specs like motherboard name, RAM, Processor name, etc.
Yes it's an Ryzen 7 2700x, Asus B450 CSM, Ballistics 2x 8gb 3200 RAM.

It is sitting in the socket properly, the both do.

TRENDING THREADS