Question Did i choose the wrong memory for my Ryzen 2400G

mick1964

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2016
Did i choose the wrong memory for my Ryzen 2400G because for over 2 years my system have had crashes and freezes

My memory is BLS2K8G4D32AESBK but my system has never stayed stable, should i of purchased the Vengence Lpx instead

mick1964

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2016
What are you seeing in Event Viewer in relation to these crashes?
I have had crashes while watching youtube or facebook videos where the screen goes grey/white, so have to restart to fix it

programmes becoming unresponive, portable drive connects and disconnects over and over again or just disconnects on its own while plugged into front pannel usb 3.0

Not much in events as i formatted not long ago and reinstalled windows

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
If the crash has happened again since the re-install you should be able to find event ID in the Critical or Error sections and to a lesser degree the Warning section. You might also find helpful information in the Reliability History section.

What are the full specs of this build? Include power supply model info.

sitehostplus

Honorable
Jan 6, 2018
Did i choose the wrong memory for my Ryzen 2400G because for over 2 years my system have had crashes and freezes

My memory is BLS2K8G4D32AESBK but my system has never stayed stable, should i of purchased the Vengence Lpx instead
Get the utility 'Who Crashed' and use it diagnose your crashes.

It translates the stuff into plain english you can then use to diagnose the problem and fix it.

Let us know what it tells you.

Reactions: mick1964

Misgar

Notable
Mar 2, 2023
Should you have purchased Vengeance RAM? Difficult to say without more details about your system. Is your RAM included in the motherboard QVL?

Are you overclocking the RAM by invoking XMP/EXPO/DOCP settings in the UEFI BIOS? If so, reduce the memory to the stock DDR4 JEDEC speed of 2133 or 2400MHz. You may be pushing your RAM too hard.

Run Memtest86+ from a bootable USB memory stick for several complete cycles and report back.