[SOLVED] Did I fry it?

superballer135

Commendable
Jan 27, 2019
I just recently got an x53 nzxt cpu cooler and I had to unplug my sata for my ssd to use it, it's been running fine but I got a new sata cable for my ssd and I plugged it in and now my computer literally has no power at all, I pulled my psu out and used some air duster to clean the dust out of it and then put it back. Everything I plugged in, it won't turn on, what do I do. I've tried it with and without the ssd plugged in, it won't power at all

superballer135

Commendable
Jan 27, 2019
So ofc I won't know until I get a new psu but most likely it just killed the psu and the thing connected to the fault cord? What's the highest extent of damage I could be looking at, sorry to be dramatic but I've been building this for over 6 months and it's going to be a huge hit if anything else is damaged

So ofc I won't know until I get a new psu but most likely it just killed the psu and the thing connected to the fault cord? What's the highest extent of damage I could be looking at, sorry to be dramatic but I've been building this for over 6 months and it's going to be a huge hit if anything else is damaged

Odds are you only fried whatever that connector was plugged into. I doubt the PSU even was effected.

superballer135

Commendable
Jan 27, 2019
Ok big update 99.999% sure it's the motherboard, I had an old cpu I tested in it and it didn't boot, and as I said before the led on the gpu didn't turn on but the fans did which I thought was weird so I tried another gpu and the fans didn't even turn on. I decided it might be a problem with my motherboard so I tried my gpu in my parents computer and it instantly booted, the led turned on and so did the fans. Would I be correct in assuming that it's the mobo?