Question Did i fry my arg components

May 4, 2022
Hi, I was working on my computer and by accident connected my argb hub that was 3 pin 5 volt, to a 4 pin 12 volt connector. it was also connected at the same time to a 3 pin on my motherboard with the same cable. I powered it on and there was a spark, but it worked normally. Just to be safe i powered it of, and then back on but the rgb is gone completely. Even from my cpu cooler that is connected to the second 3 pin on my motherboard.
Asus aura recognises the hub. Did I fry my rgb components or my motherboard? There was no smoke of anything, and there is no visible damage on the motherboard

Motherboard is an Asus Prime h-510m

Jun 15, 2022
It’s likely that you shorted it.

i would definitely recommend to not using it.

i had a similar experience where I plug in my gpu riser and while the computer was off, one of the mosfets on the board starting heating up and caught on fire.

so yeah, don’t use it again.

Hopefully that helps???

May 4, 2022
It’s likely that you shorted it.

i would definitely recommend to not using it.

i had a similar experience where I plug in my gpu riser and while the computer was off, one of the mosfets on the board starting heating up and caught on fire.

so yeah, don’t use it again.

Hopefully that helps???

So I shorted my motheboard if the cpu cooler hooked up with a different cable, to a different port isn't also working?