Did I receive a faulty fan splitter with my 240mm AIO?

_danielpwils01

Reputable
Feb 18, 2017
Simple question. I just received my new CoolerMaster MasterLiquid 240mm AIO. Upon opening and inspecting the components, I noticed something different about the fan splitter that is included with the cooler. One of the headers on the splitter has 4 pins and 4 cables attached to it, while the other has only 3 pins with 3 cables attached to it. Is this normal? If so, does it matter which fan I connect to which header? Any information or advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Solution
No, that's totally normal.

Because they're running from a splitter, they're going to be handled as one (no independent control of speed per fan).
You only need one fan reporting speeds etc. The PWM control will take the reading from the single fan w/4 pins and adjust the voltage accordingly to control speeds for both fans.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
No, that's totally normal.

Because they're running from a splitter, they're going to be handled as one (no independent control of speed per fan).
You only need one fan reporting speeds etc. The PWM control will take the reading from the single fan w/4 pins and adjust the voltage accordingly to control speeds for both fans.

Solution

_danielpwils01

Reputable
Feb 18, 2017

Awesome. Exactly what I was looking for. Thank you for the information!