Question did i ruin my mousepad?

Jun 24, 2021
i recently bought a zowie gtf-x and the speed was really nice when i first got it and after about a month of use i washed it and now the pad is extremely slow. so im not sure if i managed to wear down the pad in the month i've had it or if may have ruined it by washing it, if anyone could give some advice it would be much appreciated.

Jun 24, 2021
How exactly did you wash it? A month is very soon if you ask me, though. Unless you spilled something over it or you have a very oily skin, that's not really necessary.

Too late now though.. Question about how you washed it still remains. :)
i used warm water & dish soap and a sponge to wash it. im sorry if this is a really vague description

i used warm water & dish soap and a sponge to wash it. im sorry if this is a really vague description
Nope, that makes sense and is usually the way to go. That's how I've washed my Steelseries pads and they're just fine now. Some say power laundry detergent but I've not had issues using dish soap so far. I don't really know what caused your problem then, I don't know if it's a partial mental thing, but if it's really "slow" now, I don't have an advice on how to fix your problem..

Jun 24, 2021
Nope, that makes sense and is usually the way to go. That's how I've washed my Steelseries pads and they're just fine now. Some say power laundry detergent but I've not had issues using dish soap so far. I don't really know what caused your problem then, I don't know if it's a partial mental thing, but if it's really "slow" now, I don't have an advice on how to fix your problem..
it might be a mental block im not sure, but my pad just feels very different now, its not a coated pad either so im not sure why washing it made it feel slower

Ralston18

Titan
And I will ask about the source/seller of the mouse pad.

Is there some certainty that the mouse pad is real and just not some sub-standard counterfeit lookalike?

Made of who knows what materials and via what manufacturing standards?

Even if real the mouse pad could be still be bad. Even if that was known by the maker some places will still pack up defective products and ship them anyway....

Maybe hoping that someone does not wash the mousepad until the "warranty" expires.