[SOLVED] did my pc die kinda? (it fell over)

DudeIT

Reputable
Jun 23, 2019
ok so I just was re-adjusting my monitor and it caused my computer to fall over on the motherboard side. and i of course freak out. it kept rebooting and turning off again and again. waited a bit turned it on again then i finally got to a f1 bios menu. then i rebooted from bios.

now the issues sofar: in valorant I get a lot of graphical glitches and lag that wasnt there before. the biggest one is switching between viewing players like its in the matrix. it's a huge issue. do you think it's graphics card related? anything to scan my system to see what has gone bad? ive never toppled my pc over before.

/e TL:DR I ended up fixing it somehow.............. thx for help

Last edited:
Solution
If you are on hard drives it absolutely could have damaged one of those. The drop could have unseated parts a bit. The fall could cause damage to the PCIe slot with a heavy GPU installed, or even damaged the card itself. It also could have caused power connectors to come loose, even caused the paste under your cooler to crack if it was old.

Best bet is likely a good idea to give a good cleaning, reseat everything, and check again.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
If you are on hard drives it absolutely could have damaged one of those. The drop could have unseated parts a bit. The fall could cause damage to the PCIe slot with a heavy GPU installed, or even damaged the card itself. It also could have caused power connectors to come loose, even caused the paste under your cooler to crack if it was old.

Best bet is likely a good idea to give a good cleaning, reseat everything, and check again.

Solution